Rosebud County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Sean, Someone will have to go to the courthouse at Forsyth to look at their records to determine if you (or ancestor) owned any minerals.

Even then searching the county would be very difficult unless you can provide either the minerals location (Township & Range, with sections if possible) or a name (your ancestor whom you know owned minerals there in the past). Both of those might be found via an old land or mineral deed if you still have one.

If you only suspect you 'might' own minerals in Rosebud Co but can't provide a name or location you would waste weeks of research to try to confirm it. If you have the time you can do it. However, if you hire a landman who do that type of search you could expect to be charged $400 to $500 per day. So gather any information you can before trying to start your search.

Just posted new info. See above in "Reported Completions" for details.

I inherited mineral rights in Rosebud Co. T10 North Range 31E. If any of the companies have an interest, do they automatically contact us or do we have to actively pursue them if we would like to lease our rights?

Barb. don't know of any new activity in T 10 31E yet, but there is an actively producing well one township over in T11 32E . Most of the activity seems to be further east in T 11 33E, Two wells located in 11n 34E and one in 12 n 35E. Central Montana Resources. There have been nothing done with either of those wells. Fidelity has two wells one producing and one permitted 10 n 33E and 11 N 33. If oil companies are interested in your area, they should be contacting you. the whole area is pretty new and most companies in the area are small independent. Cirque has sold about 50 % of their leases to a huge overseas company so that is good news. It costs millions of dollars to bring in a well. Several permits have been filed, but that may or may not mean much....

Hi, I am wondering what is happening in Rosebud County. I have leased oil and mineral rights right adjacent to the Coffee Well. I can't find where I can see the production of the wells in the area. The Webmapper site is no longer available. Is there another site I can go to to view production?

Hi, I have mineral rights in T1S R41E Section 22. Would love to know what the value could be. Can anyone help? Thanks