Roosevelt County T30N;R58 & 59 Area

Just wondering if anyone has minerals in the T30N;R58 & 59 area and if any lease offers have been recently made for your area. I am less than a year out before lease expiration but was curious as to the bonus and % royalty currently being offered.

I heard some of our extended family north of Bainville leased for $1800 an acre. I did not hear the royalty or exact township/range. I have a few acres in the T28N expiring in May. Seems bonuses are getting better.

Kevin:

I would be very interested in knowing the township/range/section where this $1800/acre was paid. My lease is expiring in December and this is the sort of info I am looking for. The area north of Bainville just to the East of Hwy 405 near the Sheridan County line is my area of interest. If you have the opportunity to learn some additional details, please post.

I too have mineral rights in T30N R58E that will come up early 2014 for releasing. Do you know which company is offering $1800 an acre. How much are the royalties and for what term?

Linda:

I have an idea that a lot of the leases in our areas will be expiring sometime in 2014 as I think many got leased at the same time. Further, I find it hard to believe that anyone would be offering $1800/acre based on what I see in regards to drilling activity in the area. Best bet is to let your lease expire and let someone contact you but don't be in a hurry to sign on the dotted line. I will research the offers being made and by no means, lease for longer than 3 years with no extension. I have learned that things in these could be changing, no specifics, but as ND becomes more and more HBP, some operators will venture across the border.

The area leased for $1800 an acre is 8 miles north of Bainville. I do not know the exact township and range. I would say a pretty solid source for the info. I have minerals in 29-58 expiring in May. I am hoping bonus rates are on the rise. Based on the rising lease rates over the years in ND, I do not find it hard to believe. If you want top dollar for your lease, look into investment companies. In my experience in ND they pay more than double the bonus as a driller would.

Kevin:

This is good news to me as my minerals will be expiring in April and June of 2014. I have been leasing my mineral areas in both MT and ND since 2004 and most have either been via an investment company or a broker which is leasing for a specific oil company. I am real curious as to the exact township/range where this $1800/acre lease is located. I believe that 8 miles north of Bainville would be near my area. It has been nearly 5 years since I last leased the area in MT so I haven't kept up with the current lease rates but I would never guess that it would be near $1800/acre. I will do some serious research when the time comes and hope that I can get a great bonus. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Hi folks. I’m in the same neighborhood and situation and will certainly keep this group updated about any offers or info. Were in CA so a bit hard time tell what happening on the ground. My elderly mother in law is in Arkansas and gets confused, so this group is god send. Thanks all. Joe

Hi all and happy new year. Reading back through this chain and wondering… I have several leases expired and coming up this year. Anyone recommend a trustworthy leasing company? How do you find one? Any experience or suggestions appreciated by this novice. Thanks folks. Best, joe

Joe:

There are a lot of good operators out there, question is, which one or how many are interested in leasing. I am in the same boat as you as my minerals will be expiring this year but my advice would be just play the waiting game as these operators have teams of landmen researching records daily in the County Clerk's office and you will be contacted if they are interested. Of course, one of the main points is where your minerals are located. I will allow my minerals to expire and wait to hear from someone. I was contacted back in October by Continental Resources but I declined to offer a top lease on my minerals as I believe that your negotiating power is much greater when they are expired. Good luck.

Joe Maglitta said:

Hi all and happy new year. Reading back through this chain and wondering... I have several leases expired and coming up this year. Anyone recommend a trustworthy leasing company? How do you find one? Any experience or suggestions appreciated by this novice. Thanks folks. Best, joe

Charles. A hearty (though time warped) thank you for your info. Good advice. Will keep you and this group posted . best Joe

charles s mallory said:

Joe:

There are a lot of good operators out there, question is, which one or how many are interested in leasing. I am in the same boat as you as my minerals will be expiring this year but my advice would be just play the waiting game as these operators have teams of landmen researching records daily in the County Clerk’s office and you will be contacted if they are interested. Of course, one of the main points is where your minerals are located. I will allow my minerals to expire and wait to hear from someone. I was contacted back in October by Continental Resources but I declined to offer a top lease on my minerals as I believe that your negotiating power is much greater when they are expired. Good luck.

Joe Maglitta said:

Hi all and happy new year. Reading back through this chain and wondering… I have several leases expired and coming up this year. Anyone recommend a trustworthy leasing company? How do you find one? Any experience or suggestions appreciated by this novice. Thanks folks. Best, joe

Does anyone have any updated info on lease bonuses you are getting in this area? Please help another mineral owner by posting what you have received or even heard.

Thank you!

Kevin

Kevin:

What's your location? Township/Range/Section? Once you provide this info, I might could provide some additional info.

29-58-4

actually its 28-59-4

Kevin said:

29-58-4

We have minerals in T30N R58E and also T29N R57E and are sending out inquiries to some of the companies now. Any leasing going on in those areas?

Greetings all...... we recently received a "top Lease" offer from Diamond Resources for 30N 58E section 27 $1,000.00 an acre. As our family NEVER does top lease, its garbage fodder. However it is good to know that interest prevails..... It is Montana's time to shine Brian...

Good news! Thanks for posting. I bet with an AFE in hand that offer would double.

I am glad to hear that. I hope your other wells are doing fine.

B Volney said:

Greetings all...... we recently received a "top Lease" offer from Diamond Resources for 30N 58E section 27 $1,000.00 an acre. As our family NEVER does top lease, its garbage fodder. However it is good to know that interest prevails..... It is Montana's time to shine Brian...

B Volney:

I have received the same offer from Diamond Resources for our areas in T30N;R58 & 59E. This was a top lease offer, same as yours. Our minerals are very close to expiration. I expect to negotiate in the next couple of months and as you stated, this area of MT may be in the spotlight over the next couple of years. Not for sure, but my guess is that numerous mineral owners in this area has leases either expired or about to expire.