Roger Mills County OK Sec 8-20-11 10-3-12

We got a letter from May Hawk Energy about purchasing our mineral rights. We have such a small interest in Section 8-20-11 and Section 10-3-12. I want to know if drilling is going on around the vicinity and if a well is planned on being drilled? I think on section 8 a well was drilled years ago that was a good one and was messed up and had to be plugged. I guess I’m asking more information about what is going on, why the interest in purchasing the minerals. Thanks for any help or information

Please check your location descriptions. Are you talking about sec 8-20N-11W and what county is second one in? Or is there a typo? Always need to put the N or S and the E or W on a description for clarity. No 3N in Roger Mills. 3N-11W is in Comanche County. If you will check that one, I can do some hunting.

There are quite a few horizontal permits in township 19N-12W just to the SW of you in 20N-11W. There are are a few horizontal wells in your township already, so someone may know something about future drilling.

Hello Ms Barnes

Thanks so much for your quick response. The exact legal I have for these mineral rights which are both in Roger Mills county, Oklahoma.

The Southwest Quarter (SW4) of Section Eight (8) Township Twelve (12) North Range Twenty-four (240 West of the Indian Meridian Roger Mills County, Oklahoma.

Lots Three (3) and Four (4) and the South Half of the Northwest Quarter (S/2 NW/4), less and except the South 18.70 chains, of Section Five (5), Township Twelve (12) North, Range Twenty-four (24) West of the Indian Meridian, Roger Mills County, Oklahoma

Ah, very different than the original numbers.

There is a new Horizontal well play developing in Roger Mills and Ellis counties. Cherokee reservoir. Increased offers to buy are likely.

The Cottage Grove reservoir also has horizontal drilling. Section 7 just to the west of you just had an increased density OCC case. Frequently, generic offers to buy are sent out to the sections nearby increased density cases.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.