Roberson Oil Company

Has any one else received correspondence from Roberson Oil Company for Hunter 1-9MH, Section 09-16N-03E? Per the letter I received the anticipation for what it will bring in must be pretty low. They offered the 1) working interest partner 2) lease for $125 net mineral acre, 3yr primary term, 1/8 royalty 3) lease $75 per net mineral acre, 3yr primary term, 3/16 royalty. The letter was written January 3rd but mailed January 18th. The Land Operations Manager stated if I didn’t respond in time I would be pooled.Seems if they really wanted an answer they wouldn’t have waited so long to mail.

The offer you received could be lowball to get ahead of what the pooling elections would offer. I notice they didn’t offer 1/5 at all which would lead me to believe that Roberson thinks the money is in the ground if it’s anywhere. Not knowing how many net acres you have, I have no clue if the bonus would represent a significant amount of money to you but if it’s not significant, I have favored waiting.

Robyn the Pooling hearing is scheduled for February 14. This is not a prolific area, but is still worthy of drilling at today’s prices. There will be no need to lease right away, but you need to stay aware of the Pooling Order as you will have 20 days after the date of the Order to make you election. You don’t want to forget to make your election or you will be deemed to take the 1/8th royalty option.

1 Like

Roberson will attempt to legally steal whatever they can.

Thank you. I received an email from the land manager several days ago saying they had made a mistake and I didn’t have any mineral interests in that section. I emailed him back with the information I have in the mineral rights we have in that section.

The North ninety-six (96) acres of the Northwest Quarter of Section 9, Township 16 North, Range 3 East, Lincoln County, Oklahoma.

Robyn, I just looked at the pooling application for that section. It doesn’t show you listed as curative. They could always move you to curative at a later date. When the pooling order comes out and is delivered to you, and you are not listed in the “curative” column, than probably have an interest in it, at the very least you would be owed a bonus from the pooling. When I make an election to a pooling order, I always send it via certified mail to the operator and also the Oklahoma Corporation Commission.

Ask the land manager why his opinion changed on the ownership of your interest. I’d be interested to hear what he says.

Diesel, they are saying our trust Martin Helsel rev Trust doesn’t show a clear line where it came from nor does my dad’s that we inherited from. I have one of the mineral deeds from 1998 when Dad changed the Trust for him and mom and I have a Mineral Deed of my aunt’s when she purchased the minerals in 1948. I will have to find the recorded deed from 1984 where the minerals were changed from my aunt to my dad.

Robyn: The Pooling Order is dated February 22, 2022 so you need to make a provisional election as Roberson Oil has you named as Curative Address Unknown. If you make no election and end up with good title to a mineral interest, your interest will be deemed at the most money, least royalty.

1 Like

Could you provide more details as to why they don’t think there’s a clear chain of title? It’s possible your grandmother was deeded minerals that were previously sold to someone else. I’ve seen that before. How does the deed read? It’d be interesting to know the net acreage to see if it’s worth hiring a landman to run title on it.

My aunt divided the mineral rights in her will. The attorney did not file in the deed in Lincoln apparently in 1985. I have a copy of the will showing she left the acreage to the two nephews, my dad and my uncle. My dad made it into a trust and filed the new deed in 1998. We filed a new deed with our new trust upon their death in 2012. We have a lawyer who will correct the situation. We just didn’t realize the lawyer omitted the deed. He charged for it but forgot. Roberson has now upon seeing the chain of property has allowed for us to continue.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.