Road access on property

How do we approach gas companies to fix the roads on property? Their trucks are creating very large ruts and drainage issues as a result. In Pennsylvania

Welcome to the forum. The most logical first step is to call, email and write by certified letter the operator of wells and inform them of your issue. Do you have a surface lease?

We do. Tried calling and emailing already.

Certified letter! They have to respond in TX). Look for the part in your surface lease that may address your concerns and quote it to them. Request for immediate repair of the roads.

Ms Barnes. You mentioned Texas… I have a question… my family all signed a lease and received bonus check 4 months ago… yet never received recorded lease or memorandum…. how would we proceed?

You will not usually receive a copy as lessees are not required to send one. Always keep a copy of anything that you sign. The lease is filed in the county courthouse. In Texas, they may not file the lease, just a memorandum of lease with the bare minimum of public information. You can ask for a copy from the Lessee, but you may not be get one.

How do we know when and if production occurs? When a royalty check arrives?

You will get a division order that states your percentage. If you are in Texas, then you have to sign and return it in order to get your royalties. (Keep a copy!) Make sure that it agrees with your acreage and royalty. You may have to ask for the equation that they used. Get familiar with the Texas Railroad Commission website so you see what the status of any wells may be. If you have questions, post in the Texas Mineral Rights category under your county and someone will usually point you in the right direction.

Thank you Ms Barnes. This is a whole new world for me. My background is medicine.

I did find out that a recorded memorandum is at the Fisher County courthouse and now have a copy.

I knew nothing about the Division Order. That’s powerful information.

It’s Eagle Permian Partners and Browning Oil.

Hopefully production will soon begin its approx 170 acres.

Mary Lara

The Mineral Help tab above is a great way to start your information journey into the world of Oil and Gas. The National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) is an organization that helps mineral owners around the country (www.naro-us.org). There are various Texas organizations as well. Not sure if Fisher County has its own association.

I did join. Thank you

NARO has webinars on their website that you can view for free once you join. They have a variety of topics.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.