Road access issues

We are unable to drive in our property to check out our land due to large ruts caused by gas companies. How do we get them to compensate/maintain or fix the roads?

1 Like

Have you sent a certified letter return receipt to the operator to complain? Emails and phone calls need to be followed by the certified letter. Check your surface lease to see what you agreed to as far as maintenance.

I would suggest that in all your future dealings with an operator to always have a surface use agreement in place that will address that and all other surface damages that may occur as well. I’m not sure what you can do about it now unless it is addressed in your o&g lease. Perhaps if they don’t maintain the road, you can put them on notice of any future damages you will be invoicing them for damages if they don’t get it fixed within a reasonable amount of time.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.