Ritchie County, WV - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Clay is where a lot of the drilling is going on. They have finished some wells and have permits for others.

Agree that Clay is big in Ritchie. There is some activity in Union district but no permits that I have seen for awhile in Grant or Murphy districts. I agree with WV Mineral Owner that things will be moving that way eventually. I think the companies don't need to explore right now, just drill more wells in the areas where they already know will have good production.

Roger Roberts, that was a sneaky thing your uncle's wife did about his will. Bad luck for his children. I'm sorry for their sakes.

Roger Smith, you can go to the WV Office of Oil and Gas website

and select Horizontal Drilling from the left hand side menu. Then look in the middle of the page to find Signup for OOG Mailing List and View the List archives

You can sign up to get email notifications of new permits applied for and issued. These have the district name and other information.

You can go to the Ritchie County documents and tax website

and choose Document Inquiry. You can search for recent leases by searching under Antero and EQT. They are the most likely to be leasing. You can look at the indexing for each document. This almost always lists the acreage and district. Tedious but informative way to see what is going on.

Was directed here on EQT for Richie co. Lessee paid majority of lessons problems with mine now say no longer needed do what I want

Hi Bonnie, sometimes companies think they want to drill someplace then change their minds. Sometimes other companies lease with the remaining owners. If you can get a company that is not EQT you are better off. They are not very easy to work with I have heard.

Maybe someone can explain this: I have had nothing but problems with ARC in regards to Doddridge County, but in Ritchie County, everything went down without a hassle. Asked for a change in the contract that would prevent ARC from deducting from the royalty (I didn't state I wanted to bring the mineral resources to the surface to sell on the open market, THEY approached me) and, "no problem". Over in Doddridge it was outright verbal warfare every time they called. I honestly doubt if the Ritchie contract ever amounts to much so as soon as I get some of the money back for the partition of my Doddridge holdings I plan on sell the Ritchie land. (Not yet!) What good is it to own land in West Virginia when your land is partitioned, the money due me is being held by the court, and the court will not release the funds to me? I now have no land (in Doddridge) and no money is coming from that property.

I will NEVER do business in the state of WV again! rcr 9/23/2017

Roger, it could be two different landmen involved in the two different counties. They have a certain amount of leeway in dealing with people, and some landmen do a better job than others.

I hope you are successful in your wish to get yourself out of WV Oil and Gas ownership and go on with your life.

I would like to get on with my life. The money that is stuck in Doddridge County Court was supposed to help pay for my bankruptcy here at home. Let's face it, 1/2 acre of land in Doddridge is not worth the effort, and the .9 acre in Ritchie does not look promising.

You did bring up something that has me wondering. NO LANDMAN was involved in the two contracts I received from ARC. The first guy that called me was an outright jerk and he alone was a good reason to not sign any contract with ARC. It is my understanding that in WV it is the law to make available the maps showing spacing as applied by the state of WV, I was not shown maps nor would ARC talk about whose land surrounding the family land was involved. One of my cousins thought that she was going to get 15% royalty on her holdings, I told her the 15% royalty was paid to the COMBINED ownership of the property and if the property was grouped with neighboring property her actual payment would be even less. She has not talked to me since.

Let's be realistic, the combined property owned by the family is only 24.5 acres. Anyone who thinks that small amount of land is gong to make them rich is in for a BIG surprise.

May all wells drilled on that property be DRY! rcr 9/24/2017

FYI,

Gas & Oil, Inc. bounced royalty payment checks, I believe this is a Steve Ward company. If you have a payment bounce, regardless of the company, I would suggest contacting an Attorney AND the Ritchie County Prosecutor.

My wife sold her mineral rights last year and I am trying to determine fair market vale for taxes when she inherited the property in 1992.

Found online tax records for Ritchie count at url below, but does not cover back to 1992.

https://www.cssiwv.com/inquiry

Also searched and found her deed documents at same location.

Are there any online resources for determining fair market value for mineral rights around 1992? Other suggestions for getting the information? I do understand I can hire an attorney or tax person to do the research.

James, I expect if you called the Ritchie County Sheriff's Office and asked, they might have a way to look back to the taxes for that year. I know they have assessment records. The other office would be the Ritchie County Assessor's office. information website for Ritchie County Assessor's office