Ring sale to Scorpion

I’m starting a new topic here, because previous conversation was closed out after 90 days.

Does anyone have an update on Scorpion operations in NM?

Still not receiving revenue from our Lea County wells, Dorado out of the picture since December.

Scorpion does not respond to inquiries.

Would appreciate any updates anyone may have.

I tried to give an update on your other thread some time last week, but it was already closed, so I’m glad to see this here.

I’ve gotten in touch with Dorado and they are saying December is when they BEGAN purchasing from Scorpion and they had no involvement with them prior. Bizarre, since you heard the opposite from them.

We finally got a check at the end of April from Dorado that covers purchases from December-March. Not sure where our September-November revenue ended up, though. It also only includes revenue for oil, so I am going to have to ask them what is going on with that.

Still no production reported to the state since last July, so I can’t even see what’s missing.

I’m going to try to contact both of them today and will let you know if I hear anything.

1 Like

So interesting!

I double checked the email from Dorado, which we received April 4th. Says they bought from Scorpion in December for the first time, & there have been no purchases by Scorpion since.

We received our check for December in February, nothing since.

I forwarded a copy of Dorado’s email to Nat Ragette at Scorpion, & asked for an update, & of course, no reply.

I suppose it is possible that there is a check in the mail for Jan - March revenue, & that Dorado was mistaken when they said there were no more purchases from Scorpion.

Also, our leases are probably different than yours.

Yes, please let me know what you hear, & I will likewise if I hear anything.

Thanks for your info!

Hi…we use the following site to look up monthly production in New Mexico. The site is called GoTech. Don’t know if you’re aware of this so I will add the link. The site is fairly easy to navigate:

http://gotech.nmt.edu/gotech/Petroleum_Data/General.aspx

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the link! It does seem somewhat easier to navigate than the official NM website. The results are identical to the NM site, but I’m going to bookmark this one…