Rights Search & Title Transfer

My husband inherited a couple (small) leases from his deceased father. He also received an offer a few years ago to sell rights that were still in his father’s name. We are in California and need to retitle the current rights into our living trust and find any other rights and get them properly retitled. We know about rights in Ector and Andrews counties. As we are in California we know nothing about Texas. We contacted an attorney who recommended we hire a landman to help. Where do I find one that would do this sort of work?

There are sponsored landmen on here, I believe. You can also check out Paschal Land and Energy, they’re a very diligent and experienced group of landmen who primarily work Texas minerals. I’ve also heard good things about McCarty Land Services.

I believe that Texas considers the creation of a deed to be the practice of law unless the person is doing it for him/herself. Also an attorney can advise you on what memorandum or certification of trust is appropriate. Finally, most attorneys carry liability insurance. There are Texas attorneys in the directory. Attorney Directory Not a bad idea to have that relationship. You are probably looking at a few hundred dollars to have it done right.

1 Like