Rights Owner Tax obligations in Pleasants County

I can’t find any online information about tax obligations for mineral rights on a newly discovered plot in Pleasants County. Anyone have some directions for locating these obligations, if they still exist?

There may not be taxes owed, for a couple reasons. If taxes are owed, they’re owed in the name of a previous owner. Probably someone is paying the taxes or you wouldn’t own the rights. Finding the tax ticket is a matter of figuring out who you got the mineral rights from and plugging their name into the Pleasants County tax website. How did you discover these mineral rights?

1 Like

I haven’t been able to find any of ancestral folks with a tax record. There are five people who share UND INT, I assume this means undefined interest, in the land identified by the potential lessor, although I don’t know if that’s a mineral interest. We are also in a group of folks who have mineral rights in Marshall County on which we pay yearly (minimal) county taxes.

UND INT means undivided interest. It’s probably a mineral rights, but without complete title research it’s going to be impossible to be sure.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.