Rights as a royalty owner

Say there is 500 acre and I have 200 acre that I have a non participating interest. Can someone tell what rights (if any) I have as an owner. Recently i have been charged deductions for tansportation, fuel and such that I believe should not be passed on to the owners but wrote off with companies expenses. I have joined several discussion groups to ask for insight and would be very appreciative of any input in regard to these issue and whatever else could be helpful in obtaining the highest possible pay out. .

Dear Mr. Christian,

As a NPRI owner in Texas, you do not have many rights, other than approving the pooling of your NPRI.

If the document that created the NPRI did not exclude deducts and transportation and the lease form did not exclude them, then you are pretty much stuck with what is left.

A NPRI is a non-possessory interest in the mineral estate and as such has very few rights.

I understand. For clarification purposes, is there any documentation of these rights and the limitations of such? Basically, who, what, where. when. and how does this come to be?

Dear Mr. Christian,

Sure. For enlightenment I recommend:

The Law of Oil and Gas - Cases and Materials (Maxwell, Martin and Kramer), and Hemingway Oil and Gas Law and Taxation (Andereson, Smith, et al)

I personally find the Hemingway hornbook more elementary than the Maxwell, Martin and Kramer treatise.

Chad Christian said:

I understand. For clarification purposes, is there any documentation of these rights and the limitations of such? Basically, who, what, where. when. and how does this come to be?