Right-of-Way Easement

Has anyone signed a right-of-way easement lately? Just wondering what the going rate per rod was. Looking at one in San Jacinto County and can't find any good recent activity.

Thanks!

It will always depend on whether your in unit, or out of unit, or if its a long line. I do not know the rates around there, but, if its in unit, they have the power, out of unit, you gain some and long line, you gain even more. Good Luck.

Thanks. It is out of unit. Unit is just north of our property. Line will run through about 1000' of our property. 20' permanent with an additional 10' temporary.

The width is ok, they standard we usually do is 30 + 20. I'm sure you could get 10+20 if you want. Make sure its one line, nothing above ground. rstewlandman@gmail.com if you want more detailed info.

If you are not in the unit, I would ask for $250.00 a rod. If the company really needs your land for the pipeline and can't easily go around you, you can probably get it. I wouldn't take less than $150.00 a rod. I can recommend a landman to negotiate for you if you are interested. Just friend me and I will provide you his contact information. He represented me in ROW negotiations.

Elizabeth Craze Lett said:

Thanks. It is out of unit. Unit is just north of our property. Line will run through about 1000' of our property. 20' permanent with an additional 10' temporary.