Richland County, MT - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Continental seems to be coming back often for 3 additional permits after finishing the first well. Completion backlog info ranges up to 75 in Montana with 4 drill rigs operating. I'm curious as to the presence of walking rigs in Richland County.

I'm looking for information about some Stock that I own..

North Richland Oil Company (Sidney MT).!!

Does it have a Web Page,, Email Contact(s).?? I get a notice of a 'Board Meeting' in Culbertson MT every year, BUT, have not had any luck chasing down Board Members..

thanks ,

Richard (Dick) Wix

I have mineral rights in Richland County and would like to know if there is activity around T20n-

I have mineral right in Richland county and would like to know if there is any surface activity on T20N-R59E section 4 I know there is a permit to drill issued in June 2012 Thank you in advance for any reply

Current lease offer, Richland Co 27N-52E, $500/ac, 1/5, 3yr...Diamond Resources for Continental Resources. Well is Dodger 1-36H.

Lease offer, Richland Co 14-24N-59E, $1200/ac, 1/5, 3yr...Emerald

Can anyone tell me if Division Orders can be required prior to payment in Montana? Oklahoma law prohibits this...

Richland county 25n 56e section 11. Does anyone have any lease bonus info or if there is activity around there? Thanks

Casey, check the bogc weekly activity reports here:

http://bogc.dnrc.mt.gov/ActivityLetters/

That part of Richland Co is very active right now.

Thanks Mark

Good morning everyone. I’m new to the group. I am happy to be here! My brothers and I own mineral rights on 4 sections in Richland County. Right now Krakken Oil has the lease on all 4 and is producing on one well on one section. That is about as far as my knowledge goes…our mother passed last year leaving us her mineral rights. I hope to make a few friends here and keep in the loop of what is happening in Richland County. Thank you for having me.

Oh boy. Tax time. MT has withheld $266.00 and now turbo Tax is saying I have to file a MT return. I didn't have to last year. Anything change or is it something I did differently in doing my taxes?

You can check the instructions for filing a Montana Income Tax Return at https://revenue.mt.gov/. Even if your income is below the limit, you may still want to file a return to get the amount withheld back.

Has anyone heard of North Richland Oil Company.?? Is there any contact information available.?

thx, Dick

We have received a letter from a landman telling us that we possibly have unclaimed mineral rights from a great uncle. My uncle lived right over the border into MT at Fairview, MT at one time and later into ND. When he passed away his probate was done in ND. They missed 14 acres of mineral rights in MT. He didn't have any children, so he willed everything to his nieces and nephews...our parents. Of course our parents are all passed on now, so my question is what would be the simplest way to claim the mineral rights. Thanks to any advice out there.

My brothers and I have mineral interests in Richland county but we have all moved from our previous addresses. Is there an easy way to update our personal data? Just thinking that if someone wants to lease them again, we might not be available for contact otherwise.

We have a family trust with several thousand acres, which has sat unleased for several years now. We have had a few calls/emails lately with landmen wanting to talk. Anything else happening? We have T23N, 53E and T22N, 53 E and finally - the one everyone wants to talk about, T24N, Range 57E.

Liz, your minerals are in the same area as ours, especially 24N-57E...we are in 24N 58E...next section over. We have been under lease for the last 6 years, and will be until this coming August, and were paid $1800/acre.....BEFORE the oil price crash early last year..... I am expecting to get offered quite a bit less this time, and as such I am considering not leasing this time as there were 2 oil co's that pulled permits to drill on our holdings before the prices dropped, so there is a lot of interest here. If you do not lease, and your minerals are drilled, you will be force pooled into the production, and will receive your entire percentage holdings, insteas of only 20% or so if you are under lease....food for thought!

Glen, you need to go through the Richland County Clerk & Recorder, and have your address updated on your mineral deed.

Thank you Mark, I missed your response when it was sent.

Mark said…If you do not lease, and your minerals are drilled, you will be force pooled into the production, and will receive your entire percentage holdings, insteas of only 20% or so if you are under lease

Mark, can you please confirm. If I have a lease and I pay to participate in a well, I will get 8/8ths. But if I don’t sign a lease, you are saying I will be force pooled and will get 8/8ths without having to pay my share of the drilling costs?