Results of drilling

Does anyone know the results of the well drilled on section 30 18R 1W?

Laurah,

Do you know the name of the well or the API #?

Clint Liles

Clint,

I don't know either one. It is right on the Logan/Payne Co. line

Clint Liles said:

Laurah,

Clint Liles

Laurah,

Are you sure about the legal description? I have checked Payne and Logan Counties for the period of Jan 01, 2013 through February 21, 2014 and don't find a permit for any well with those coordinates.

Clint Liles

Laurah Kilbourn said:

Clint,

I don't know either one. It is right on the Logan/Payne Co. line

Clint Liles said:

Laurah,

Clint Liles

Here is what I know. Devon drilled last year on a location in the extreme NW corner of 30-18N-1W. My interest is in section 19, across the road to the north. If you review the OCC postings back last October and November in re Section 30, it appears that they drilled four sections (640 acre spacing) from this location: 19 and 30 in 1W and two adjoining sections to the west (2W) next door in Logan County. I was at the site Saturday, February 15. They have equipment spread out over about 7-8 acres including probably a dozen RVs (workers), more trucks than I could count, a tall crane, etc. They were at the business of fracking on Saturday and their were a few trucks parked on the east west section line in front of the site waiting their turn, apparently hauling fluids in or out. There are six big electric poles about 40 feet apart at the front of the site and five of them have two big transformers each on the cross arms. There is also a pipeline that comes to the surface at the very front of the site and there are six big tanks located at the front as well.

If you drive three miles south of the Mulhall exit to I-35, you can see all this from the highway. It will be on your right just past the overpass for the section line road that crosses the Intersate. It is a heck of a site to see with lots going on there.

I am not well versed on how all this works, but I was told by some folks down the road that they were told it would probably be April (about five or six weeks) before much would be known. All I know is it looks like a small city out there and they are apparently going 24/7 on completing some or all of the work on the four sections. Some one with more knowledge than me could probably figure it all out. I am not in the oil business.

Paul,

Yes this is the location I am asking about. It does look like a small city right there with all the trailers and activity.

My interest is to the west in section 24 & 25 across the county line road. We have not found out anything as far as where they put the bottom holes or if they hit anything. We are thinking with all the set up there there must be something big going on.

My mother lives west of county line rd and all the water lines have made a complete mud hole in front of her house. I noticed Friday they are laying a new rubber water line up county line rd maybe it won't leak like the pipe one does.

Thanks for the information you have been the biggest help so far.

Paul Woolsey said:

Here is what I know. Devon drilled last year on a location in the extreme NW corner of 30-18N-1W. My interest is in section 19, across the road to the north. If you review the OCC postings back last October and November in re Section 30, it appears that they drilled four sections (640 acre spacing) from this location: 19 and 30 in 1W and two adjoining sections to the west (2W) next door in Logan County. I was at the site Saturday, February 15. They have equipment spread out over about 7-8 acres including probably a dozen RVs (workers), more trucks than I could count, a tall crane, etc. They were at the business of fracking on Saturday and their were a few trucks parked on the east west section line in front of the site waiting their turn, apparently hauling fluids in or out. There are six big electric poles about 40 feet apart at the front of the site and five of them have two big transformers each on the cross arms. There is also a pipeline that comes to the surface at the very front of the site and there are six big tanks located at the front as well.

If you drive three miles south of the Mulhall exit to I-35, you can see all this from the highway. It will be on your right just past the overpass for the section line road that crosses the Intersate. It is a heck of a site to see with lots going on there.

I am not well versed on how all this works, but I was told by some folks down the road that they were told it would probably be April (about five or six weeks) before much would be known. All I know is it looks like a small city out there and they are apparently going 24/7 on completing some or all of the work on the four sections. Some one with more knowledge than me could probably figure it all out. I am not in the oil business.

Well, 24 & 25 would sure be the sections in Logan County across the line and from what I have been told, they drilled those four sections: 24 & 25 in Logan and 19&30 in Payne. I am not in the oil business and have limited knowledge, but I did try to read the stuff on the OCC site. Those of us like me that are not knowledgeable in this stuff are a bit at a loss. It's complicated and I don't understand the implications of a lot of stuff. I do know this: it is a small city, darndest thing I have seen concerning a well site. Maybe they all are like this, but I truly suspect something important is going on in several directions (literally).

Paul,

I also have a limited knowledge of the oil business. I have been trying to learn by reading and asking questions on this forum. It is very complicated and I want to try to protect our interest and not get taken advantage of by any of the big companies.

I want to thank those that have replied to my questions in both Logan and Payne Co.

E-mail; Brooke.Baum@dvn.com