Researching Mineral Right

My family has held mineral rights in Toole County Montana for over 100 years. My mother had signed leases for many years. About 12 years ago she had a number of health issues and did not sign any new leases as they came up for renewal. I am now at a point where I would like to find out what is currently going on with the mineral rights. I have many family records but there are gaps in them. Example I have copies of a letter that mention transactions from the 40’s and 50’s. But no record of the transactions. What I am looking for is someone who I could send copies of the records I have. Look them over and if possible fill in the gaps by going to the Toole County Clerk of Records and seeing if that is possible.

Hi, Scott. It looks like Toole County has online records available here: Toole County Clerk and Recorder (limited since 1991 and only full for the last 20 years) . Since you will likely need someone in the courthouse, I looked for AAPL members in Shelby and found these two: Don Lee Lee Law Office PC Don R. Lee Lee Law Office PC PO Box 790 158 Main Street Shelby, MT 59474-0790 (406) 450-2540 don@leelawofficepc.com AND Kurt A. Kraft - Kurt A. Kraft PO Box 1014 Shelby, MT 59474-1014 (406) 460-1414 kurt@windwalkerlandservices.com. You may contact them for assistance with your project.