Requesting guidance on wells/rights in Hughes County, OK

Hello folks, I’m researching mineral rights and possible gas wells that might be pumping on a property my family owned in Yeager, OK. We no longer own the property but I understand that we still have mineral rights.

I live out of state. I consider myself pretty tech-savvy, but this subject is new to me and it’s a bit of a needle in a haystack when it comes to the google machine.

I do have some info on the location.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance. Tom

Would love to offer some feedback but would need additional information, ie your section-township-range along with the amount of net mineral acres owned

We can only help if you post the section, township and range. If you do not want to do that, then you can look up that legal area on the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website and search on the well records portion. The wells are posted by surface location, so you may need to search nearby sections.
Get familiar with the OCC website. It is powerful. Has a nice users guide to oil and gas for OK mineral owners.

For production, you want the OK tax site. Gross Production I usually search by bottom hole location here and then work up the hole if I can’t find it the first time.

Thank you, it is 33-8N-8E, Hughes County, OK. Or it could be Seminole County.

I have this well info:

Phillips #2-33

Possibly…Well operator: Lance Ruffel Oil Gas Co

I have put in a call to them.

I’m not entirely sure about the mineral rights ownership, too. It’s possible that my grandmother sold them. I just want to confirm.

Thank you in advance. Tom

Phillips 2-33 still active as of October 2018. Was a pretty good gas producer and suddenly quit. Still selling oil every few months. About 175 bbls.

1 Like

Thank you, M Barnes. Do you know what the street address is, or is 33-8n-8e it? And do you know who to contact about verifying mineral rights ownership?

The first place to check on mineral ownership would be the county clerk’s office in Hughes County. Any deed of sale would be registered there. You may be able to find it on The digital files only go back to the early 90’s.

The operator would have a title chain up to the time of the well being drilled and sending out the Division Orders.

There is no “street address”, but you can look up a closer explanation of the location by using the OCC well records site. The permit will have it on it, usually with a map. This is the one you want.

Thinking of selling some mineral acres. Would love to get an estimate of the worth of this area Sec 2. 6 N. 8E. And. Sec 11. 6N. 8E

The worth of your area is what a willing and informed buyer and a willing and informed seller agree upon. That being said, there is quite a bit of horizontal drilling all around you. You can either sell now and give up the potential for future horizontal drilling on your acreage or you can wait and see what develops. If you have producing vertical wells now, you can get a professional engineering evaluation and see what they are worth and ask what that person knows about the value of the horizontal wells surrounding you.