Request Matagorda County update

There have been no postings regarding Matagorda County since 2019 that I can find. At that time, all the info was that everything had slowed down dramatically and many wells were no longer active. I’ve been told now that many wells are “plugged.” I’m inquiring as whether that means it’s over permanently, or whether some new need for a heretofore never looked for mineral or new technology could be possible, or whether there has been any successful use of the 3D Seismic data that is available which was mentioned to me in 2019 by Buddy Cotten. I also wonder why I still get offers to buy the mineral rights I own, if the county has come to this point. Thanks for any wisdom about this… Dee

Hi Dee: I have mineral rights under lease at the moment through Magnum Producing. I highly recommend you contact Landman Alan Prigge for information regarding the current oil/gas industry in Matagorda County specifically. Your mineral rights are valuable. Talk to Alan before you consider selling.

Depends on where your assets are as well. There are some areas seeing activity (as shown in the screenshot below). There are two rigs within the county at this point in time. Green wells are producing and red are inactive (but not plugged). The county is conventional drilling and so if prices remain high (oil/gas) you will still see activity here and there.

Thank you so much for this information. Dee

Thank you very much for the suggestion and the encouragement! I’ll contact Alan. Dee

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.