Reputable Attorney

Im out of State and planning a trip to ND (Mckinzie county) where my father left me,his only heir,property with no MR as well as Mineral Rights on another,I’m currently in Probate in the state he died and need an Ansolliary Probate in ND.I’m not interested in Johnson & Sundeen law though,they repeatedly told my father from 2009 to 2011 that if he dint sell his share( of two lots in Watford) to his sibling they would take him to court and force a sell because said person had gottin all but 4 of the heirs to GIVE up their share in order to let that person move to town build on the lots under the guise to be closer to town,under the threat of a lawsuit ( knowing my father was dying) the rest folded and that person sold it to the Law firm as I understand it ! They now own the whole block ! Isn’t that a conflict of interest ? Unethical ? Anyway I doubt they would have my best interest’s .

So found out I my father did not sign away the MR’s so that’s great but the main owner has been leasing since the week after my father signed away the land,I only found out by going thru the County records,I contacted the Attorney it was leased to( he is a partner in the Co doing the drilling. . .) and he told me not being notified is standered practice for someone with such a small holding and if I don’t like it to get an Attorney,Wow ! Exactly why I need a reputiable attorney jeez. .

File a statement of claim immediately to forstall hanky panky.

Ster said:

So found out I my father did not sign away the MR's so that's great but the main owner has been leasing since the week after my father signed away the land,I only found out by going thru the County records,I contacted the Attorney it was leased to( he is a partner in the Co doing the drilling. . .) and he told me not being notified is standered practice for someone with such a small holding and if I don't like it to get an Attorney,Wow ! Exactly why I need a reputiable attorney jeez. .

Thank you I’m on it right now

r w kennedy said:

File a statement of claim immediately to forstall hanky panky.

Ster said:

So found out I my father did not sign away the MR's so that's great but the main owner has been leasing since the week after my father signed away the land,I only found out by going thru the County records,I contacted the Attorney it was leased to( he is a partner in the Co doing the drilling. . .) and he told me not being notified is standered practice for someone with such a small holding and if I don't like it to get an Attorney,Wow ! Exactly why I need a reputiable attorney jeez. .

Does anyone else have experience with Attorneys buying oil and or land under their personal Company’s or ones they are partners in ? Is that seriously legal ? I just found out it happened twice now recently to both of my divorced parents,one Attorney is using as His Fee money from a mentally ill mother. . .and the other lied and harassed a dying man so his Co could drill next to his office ! Has everyone lost sight of God ? Now I don’t know if I need to fight them in court or just let it go. Has anyone dealt with the underbelly of humanity and came out ahead ? Need A real good honest haha) Attorney please !

I've use Tim Lervick w/ Crowley &..? . He was very knowledgeable, busy so he was slow, not inexpensive, but good.

Crowley & Fleck ?

Louise Tario said:

I've use Tim Lervick w/ Crowley &..? . He was very knowledgeable, busy so he was slow, not inexpensive, but good.

yes thank you, Crowley & Fleck. I recall another post where the writer recommended hiring an attorney from across state where they are not so busy nor as expensive.

r w kennedy said:

Crowley & Fleck ?

Louise Tario said:

I’m thinking of going with Kellogg and Mackoff they said 60 days for a quick Ansolary Probate and he also has worked with the oil and MR rights and Im going to look into trying to figure out what the relative and the Attorney are up to and if it’s worth going into a battle if need be. . Not looking forward to it but its property my grandparents worked hard for and a legacy to pass to my children.Also Kennedy I sent off the claim statement 2day Thankx 4 the heads up,I don’t want them publishing a affidavit to appear or respond in a paper that my father didn’t live in. . That’s what they did to my cousins,they only found out because I did research in county records,they are suppose to publish in the last residents area paper not several states away ! Doesn’t sound like the two of them are tryin to play fair does it? Lol everyone have a great weekend !

Anciliary probates are not too bad. Our first one cost $4000, since it dated back to my grandfather. We now do the footwork ourselves to save $$. At least you now know NOT to sell, until you know much much more and/or have the $$ to do the probates. This sort of thing is happening to families across America who are mineral right owners. In addition, once and IF the pipeline gets approved, pipeline owners will be in control and charge us a $bundle$ for transporting our barrels.

My limited experience: once US BANK tried to "help" my family package and SELL our minerals, I ran in the other direction! I'm now traveling to every county in North Dakota and Montana to make sure we don't own MORE minerals. I'm filing claims to the rights we inherited. I'm enlisting cousins and our children. We have participated in one ND well and are negotiating 2 more leases after telling U.S.Bank, and many other $money grubbers" to go fly a kite!!

Wow this stinks that these parasites keep getting away with. This crap,I’m going to look into a complaint with the Oil and Gas regulators,They are suppose to look out for us,I’m going to continue to look for an honest ( haha )Attorney. I don’t mean to generalize its just the greed seems out of control,weather they take cases they have limited experience in or just robbing clients because they can,most of us have to throw up our hands because of the costs it takes to right the wrongs,just doesn’t seem right.Good Luck I hope all works out for you in the future and you are able to retain all that is rightfully yours !
Thankx Ster

Marian Ellis said:

Anciliary probates are not too bad. Our first one cost $4000, since it dated back to my grandfather. We now do the footwork ourselves to save $$. At least you now know NOT to sell, until you know much much more and/or have the $$ to do the probates. This sort of thing is happening to families across America who are mineral right owners. In addition, once and IF the pipeline gets approved, pipeline owners will be in control and charge us a $bundle$ for transporting our barrels.

My limited experience: once US BANK tried to “help” my family package and SELL our minerals, I ran in the other direction! I’m now traveling to every county in North Dakota and Montana to make sure we don’t own MORE minerals. I’m filing claims to the rights we inherited. I’m enlisting cousins and our children. We have participated in one ND well and are negotiating 2 more leases after telling U.S.Bank, and many other $money grubbers" to go fly a kite!!

I belive I found my Attorney !! Reasonable Rates and can get my probate done in a very timely manor,and he also works with real estate,Oil & minerals,business ect everything I need all in one,I’m very excited after talking to several Attorneys that made me fell like they were doing me a favor just by speaking to me. . .And charging 4 to 5 times what this Attorney quoted me on a very straight toward Ansolary Probate and taking twice or more time to get it done,He is in Dickinson ND and I’ll update,So if anyone else is looking I’m more than happy to get you his name :slight_smile: Thanks to all of you for your help,I hope I can return your kindness at some point !

I would love the name of a good, fair & reasonable attorney in Dickenson. We need help with some minerals in Slope and Dunn Counties near Dickenson. Thanks for researching on behalf of the rest of us smaller mineral owners.

Ster said:

I belive I found my Attorney !! Reasonable Rates and can get my probate done in a very timely manor,and he also works with real estate,Oil & minerals,business ect everything I need all in one,I'm very excited after talking to several Attorneys that made me fell like they were doing me a favor just by speaking to me. . .And charging 4 to 5 times what this Attorney quoted me on a very straight toward Ansolary Probate and taking twice or more time to get it done,He is in Dickinson ND and I'll update,So if anyone else is looking I'm more than happy to get you his name :) Thanks to all of you for your help,I hope I can return your kindness at some point !