Relocating overseas

Does anyone have advice or tips for living abroad so that it’s not so difficult to deal with everything involved with managing new leases, receiving checks in the mail, etc.? Many of the companies I’m working with don’t have the ability to send checks via ACH / direct deposit. I worry that some of this mail could get lost in the mail. Thanks so much for sharing any advice.

Where are the minerals located? I believe some accounting firms will manage an account for you, such as Kirkwood and Darby in Fort Worth, TX. Additionally, there are some mineral management companies that will manage your minerals on your behalf. Another option is to rent a P.O. Box in the United States, and then have that mail forwarded to your overseas address. Not sure if that would help ensure things go smoothly or not though; it’s just a thought.

1 Like

Hi, These are all really good ideas. My mineral interests are mostly in Oklahoma, some in Kansas. I do have a PO box here in the US, but when I spoke to the sole clerk who works at my small branch, she told me they don’t forward mail overseas. I’m certain this is not the case, but I haven’t pursued it further yet. Thankfully, she’s no longer there.