Released from "tight hole" status and permit cancelled

Only a few months ago XTO got a permit for wells #28318, 28319, and 28320 in 28-150N98W in McKenzie County. In today's Activity Report they released them from "tight hole" status and cancelled the permits. I am curious as they have been drilling all around this unit but have only one well on 28 and now they cancel the permit. Anyone have an idea's as to what XTO is doing?

Thanks.

28318,19&20 couldn’t be drilled because the pad was too close to the end of the new airport runway for WC. XTO is planning on a new pad on the south end of this DSU. I heard the pad will actually be on 4 149 98 and they will drill north from there. Watch for some permits soon.

Awesome information, Don. I also have an interest in that pooling and was wondering what was going on. Thanks for posting that.

Thanks for the info Don. I thought they had maybe changed their plans on the drilling location but never thought of the airport runway as the reason.

Let me ask if I may, do you also know where these wells are on their drilling schedule?

Thanks.

They didn’t give a specific date. I do know they contacted the landowner to get space for pad on the south end of the DSU. I just don’t know if it will be on sec 33 150 98 or sec 4 149 98. I got the feeling it would be sooner rather than later for the drilling to start

Terry Petersen said:

Thanks for the info Don. I thought they had maybe changed their plans on the drilling location but never thought of the airport runway as the reason.

Let me ask if I may, do you also know where these wells are on their drilling schedule?

Thanks.

I just looked XTO got 3 permits 29436 37 38 in sec 33 150 98.

Don Pedersen said:

They didn’t give a specific date. I do know they contacted the landowner to get space for pad on the south end of the DSU. I just don’t know if it will be on sec 33 150 98 or sec 4 149 98. I got the feeling it would sooner rather than later for the drilling to start

Terry Petersen said:

Thanks.

Don,

I think you are right as to them being in sooner rather than later. Used to call Denbury and they would fill me in on the drilling schedule but XTO seems to be a little reluctant to share information. Guess it will not make any difference as they will get to it when they are ready.

Don and Terry,

The NDIC shows that the Sorenson 14X-33A well was spud on 11/2/14. Looks like they’re getting started!