REHA V Apache - no lawsuit payout?

Hi All,

My first post.

My Father-in-law and all of his children were part of this class action Lawsuit against the Apache corporation. He and ALL of his children except one DID receive a payout from the lawsuit .

All of his children were equal mineral rights owners of the Apache Corporation and were paid regular mineral rights checks.

This child’s identical twin sister, and her other sister DID receive the payout.

Shortly before the lawsuit was completed and checks were distributed, the child who didn’t receive a payout passed away.

As a relative to the child who passed away, I contacted the REHA V Apache lawsuit lawyers and asked how the estate of the child who passed away could be given the money that was rightfully owed to the her.

Well… it took many documents, death certificate, legal verification of heirs etc( and over 3 months ) to finally get a response from the lawyers.

They stated that the deceased child wasn’t allowed the payout since she hadn’t received any payouts since 2016 from her mineral rights. I was told that the lawsuit payout was based on those receiving payouts in 2019.

Well… all of the children had equal shares and were receiving equal payouts during the last 10 years. However, the deceased child had moved several times during that period and didn’t contact the Apache corp with her latest addresses.

I believe his is why the Apache records didn’t show a payout after 2016 and therefore the lawyers chose NOT to make her a part of the class action lawsuit.

This seems to be a mistake that I, as a family member, am trying to correct.

I am the ex husband of the deceased child mentioned above. I wish for the deceased child’s estate to receive the lawsuit payout so the heirs of the estate can rightfully receive their share of this payout.

I am looking for some help in how to go about correcting this error so that the estate can receive what is rightfully owed by the REHA V Apache lawsuit…

I appreciate any information that can help me with this quest.

Bob Weiland

The lawsuit was due to underpaid or incorrectly paid royalties. Since your relative didn’t receive payment during that time period, they weren’t paid incorrectly. Therefore, they weren’t included in the lawsuit.

Sounds like you will need an attorney to attempt to untangle this. You also might need to check unclaimed funds and see if there are any royalties for the deceased child held at the state. If she moved around, you may have to check several states.

Hi, I was recently able to get feedback from Presidio, who purchased the Apache holdings. Fortunately, as I had expected, my relatives file had fallen into their “No Address” system. With my documentation, they were able to reinstate the account AND send an email to the Apace lawsuit people VERIFYING that payouts were occurring – but not being forwarded as a result of the address error.

All appears to be moving forward now as Presidio sent an email, to the Apache lawsuit company, stating that the relative WAS receiving payouts during the time in question.

Thanks to ALL for their feedback !

Bob Weiland

Hi, I was recently able to get feedback from Presidio, who purchased the Apache holdings. Fortunately, as I had expected, my relatives file had fallen into their “No Address” system. With my documentation, they were able to reinstate the account AND send an email to the Apace lawsuit people VERIFYING that payouts were occurring – but not being forwarded as a result of the address error.

All appears to be moving forward now as Presidio sent an email, to the Apache lawsuit company, stating that the relative WAS receiving payouts during the time in question.

Thanks to ALL for their feedback !

Bob Weiland

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.