Reeves county,TX Appraisal help please

You can search to see if taxes are owed using the Reeves County Appraisal District website. The link is below:

http://esearch.reevescad.org

Hope this helps.

Phyllis, I continue to get supplemental tax statements from Reeves for wells that went into production mid to late last year.

Thanks everyone, Appreciate your help Louis, Especially for the link to the reeves cad site.

In my opinion the royalties should be valued at the amount received, not double. That would be the true value to tax. Seems dishonest and non-ethical the way they are valuing them now.

Hi Wade, Iā€™m curious. How does Reeves learn about your mineral interest initially, and thus know to send you an appraisal/tax bill in an amount proportional to your interest? Is your interest reported to them by the operator after they pay royalties? Are you also sent a bill after receiving a bonus payment?

Iā€™m basically wondering at which point and how a county or CAD learns of the real property taxes it should be collecting from all interests once a new producing well comes online, including who these individuals are and what their interests are, in order to send out tax bills.

Operator sends Division Order for new wells/new leases to ReevesCAD, this is how ReevesCAD learns your royalty stream.

You can quickly easily search for yourself and also your operator, you can download ReevesCAD valuation spreadsheet under your operatorā€™s name API well number and lease number, you can see the assessment & annual minerals ad valorem assessed against the operatorā€™s working interest in your well/lease.

I suspect ReevesCAD is backlogged at this time.

If you are asking about your lease bonus, Reeves County does not tax your bonus, only IRS does tax lease bonus payments. Lease bonus is not the same as royalties on IRS returns.

2 Likes

Hi @Roy , thanks for the detailed response. Iā€™m looking at some of the appraised values for the ReevesCAD now (Reeves CAD Property Search).

However, Iā€™m confused on how you see the annual appraised values and annual minerals ad valorem assessed against the operatorsā€™ working interests for a given property. For example, when sorting these search results by property ID (or by Geo ID), I anticipated there being 2+ records for each unique mineral property ID (one for each mineral owner plus one for the operator and other interests), which would enable side-by-side comparisons by interest. But that doesnā€™t appear to be the case in the search results. Am I searching in the wrong place?

Iā€™m not looking for a specific property per se, but rather to look at multiple of them to try and better understand the whole sequence of leasing, drilling, production, and mineral appraisal, tax bills/obligations, and tax payments made by each mineral interest for each property. My understanding is this is all in the public domain for royalty income (but not bonus payment income, as you mention).

Thanks in advance!

I responded to your question seven days ago, but my post has not yet been approved for some reason.

Not sure if I can help, Iā€™ve been frustrated myself in trying to understand ReevesCAD valuation spreadsheets for Royalty Partners and for Working Interests.

County appraiser is John Huddletson, if you can somehow speak to him you should gain understanding, Huddleston in a nice guy but extremely difficult to reach by phone or email. I had better luck meeting with him in person a few years ago. I got nowhere trying by phone/email, finally got a personal with him by emailing and saying I planned a visit on a certain date and was driving a long distance. ā€¦ but you may not live near Reeves, and the pandemic precludes many physical meetings.

There are a couple of ReevesCAD staffers named Sharla and Danny that may be able to help you by phone.

Go to Property Search and then select Advanced. Property Type - Mineral. Legal Description - Enter the RRC Lease ID (Oil is 5 digits and Gas is 6 digits). Search will bring up all the owners in the well, including the Operator. You can sort by appraisal valuation, owner name, etc at the top.

1 Like