Reeves County Texas - Lease/Purchase Offer - Direction Help

I have recently received a letter from a mineral lease and/or purchase procuring company. It has offered to lease or purchase mineral rights that I own. The mineral rights property is in Reeves County Texas. My research is showing that the offer/s are very low. I am looking for help/directions to find out how this company concluded the amount of mineral property of a rather large tract of land that I own.

I have the legal description of the property and have contacted the Reeves County clerk's office, as well as done much reading about my rights as an owner. However, I am at a standstill now as to where to turn to get more answers about pursuing this offer.

Anyone who can take a moment to help will be most appreciated, even if it is to ask me questions about my situation.

Thank you,

A.

Ann, I'd be happy to help, but I (we) need a legal description, or a general idea of where your acreage is. And I would encourage you to surf this Reeves County Group to get familiar with the area.

The offers always start low.

Bobby

Ann,

If you post the legal description of the property, the members of the forum will be able to provide you with information about what is going on in and around your property. In addition, you could try speaking with the forum sponsors about what lease/purchase prices they're seeing in your area. Generally speaking, it is more advisable to lease the minerals than sell them.

http://marketplace.mineralrightsforum.com/ad-category/minerals-management-consultants/

Thank you, Bobby.

The legal description is - All of section 23, Block C-15, PSL, containing 682.0 acres of land, more or less, Reeves County Texas.

I have one document stating the general area of the property to be in the Jaguar area of Reeves County. I have also been told that it is in or near the Alpine region of Reeves County.

I look forward to your thoughts and findings.

Thank you,

Ann

Thank you, Wolfcamp,

The legal description is - All of section 23, Block C-15, PSL, containing 682.0 acres of land, more or less, Reeves County Texas.

I have one document stating the general area of the property to be in the Jaguar area of Reeves County. I have also been told that it is in or near the Alpine region of Reeves County.

I look forward to your thoughts and findings.

Thank you,

Ann