Reeves County- Elevation plans

Is it pretty clear that the downward pressure on oil prices will effect permits and drilling in Reeves county? I have an ownership interest in some property already leased: AB 3460 BLK 58 SEC 19 PSLSW/4 The lease is with Elevation. Anyone know what the status is or even a guesstimate?

Thanks for any information or thoughts you may have.

-Robert

Robert, that is a very interesting question and very important one... I am interested in hearing the response from everyone with experience in this area.

Louise

A better way for me to ask is this question is this way. Is new drilling activity on hold in Reeves County?

Louise Welch said:

Robert, that is a very interesting question and very important one... I am interested in hearing the response from everyone with experience in this area.

Louise

Robert, I am north of Pecos and there is still drilling going on all around me. I am Block 55 section 8 township 4... I was suppose to be drilled in March, but, due to the low cost of oil and gas prices, mine has been put on hold....But, sections all around me are being drilled....hope that helps you some.

Louise

Based on my discussions with various companies, most have scaled down drilling to retain acreage and leases. Many are negotiating lease extensions and only drill if that is not possible. Problem is that a new well will come on at such a low price. Considering the high decline rates, it favors everyone to delay production until prices rise. Question that no one can answer is if that will be in one year, 2 years or more. I do not talk with anyone who thinks that prices will rebound in the next few months.

this was an old drilling project by Cimmarex, but they moved up north. I ended up being leased by Energen and they are the greatest.