Reeves county.....Denton #1 well status

For those of you who are interested…the Denton #1 horizontal well on the south side of Ranch Road 3334 near the intersection with county road 331 has rigged down the derrick and moved it out…getting ready to do a staged compound frac job on the well. This is on the edge of Red 136-137, Block 13 west of the intersection of RR3334 and Tx Hwy 17.

, Reeves county, Tx :sunglasses::rofl::rainbow::stars:

2 Likes

Is that a good thing?

Helen…Yep, it’s a good thing. Another well will soon be up and producing into the Primexx gathering system and will make its way to market.
Every little bit helps.

, Reeves county, Tx :sunglasses::rofl::rainbow::stars::heart:

1 Like

Lawrence, Do you know any info on 136-137 Red? You had said they had a work over rig back in August or September and was wondering if they had helped the production any. I also talked to Primexx about additional well in 136-137 and they indicated there were more planned but not sure when that fits with what you had indicated about some staked pad sites. Thanks, Stan Mitchell Lubbock

There’s a new well drilling for Primexx on the back of Sections 136 and 137 on the south side of County Road 330 west of State Hwy 17. There’s a big frac water reservoir there and Primexx drilled a disposal and a make up water well there on the west side of the frac water reservoir pad. I think they are looking at repurposing the produced water from the wells they have drilled and are gathering on the two 12 inch produced water lines they laid across my property with their 16 inch gas gathering line. They have a deal with Kinder Holderman, the Mennonite land owner of sections 136/137, Block 13, for fresh water for fracking…paying him 50 cents a barrel. In addition to the Denton 1 they just moved the rig off, they have another drill pad west of the Denton 1 about a mile and just on the south side of Ranch Road 3334 that Primexx is about to drill next.
I understand the horizontal will be under 136 and 137 as well from that well. Apache just leased up Block 13, Sections 180 and 181 from Lynne Gibson. There’s already an old Chesapeake well on that property and that’s only 1.5 miles south of my farm. So Apache is moving in there and will give Primexx a run for their money along the south side of RR3334 from the King’s property at the west intersection of FM2903 and RR3334 to Gibson’s property on the East side of Hwy 17 and the east intersection of RR3334 and Hwy 17.
That whole area is scheduled to have 20 or more wells drilled by Apache and Primexx over the next year.
There’s also gonna be a couple more Apache and Primex natural gas liquids knock out plants to be built along RR3334 to accommodate those wells.
LOTs of activity close around me.

, Reeves county, Tx

:sunglasses::rofl::rainbow::stars::heart:

Would be helpful to others if you included the Survey you’re talking about. I don’t know what roads go through my Section.

1 Like

Brenda…

WHY don’t you know what roads border or go through your land? I find lots of MRF members live 1500 miles from their land and have never seen it…and apparently aren’t interested enough to buy the survey maps and a county map to superimpose over each other to see what roads are near or running through their property. When I go out and look at a piece of property for someone, I have to do those things to find it and be sure it’s the RIGHT property.
It would be just as easy to find the Google Earth coordinates of a piece of property and ‘fly’ there, ‘hover’ over it and see what’s around it, then you’ll know what it looks like and what you’re talking about when you say Block 13, section 182, CT Gray survey. Otherwise it’s just gibberish.

Incidentally, 1 mile east of the Denton 1 well there’s a brand new pad with reserve pit already in place. A rat hole machine was rigged up there today putting in the conductor for the spud hole and the mouse and rat holes for the drilling rig to store the drill head/kelly, and the next joint of drill pipe they pick up off the rack to make a connection during drilling.
So, the location is now ready for a drilling rig to move onto it. Another Primexx well.

Hello Lawrence, I wish to purchase a service or services that locates mineral rights, titles, GIS mapping, roads and etc. I have used the Courtdirect free service and I believe I will join.

Do you have any recommendations for such services? What services do you use? You were very gracious and helpful with Cypress State 16. My wife’s inheritance involves other mineral rights in Texas, Oklahoma, North Dakota.
My thanks, Travis

Sounds close to our minerals, can you confirm? Sec 74 block 13 A-1879

Hoping this could be good news

All the leases and purchase offers I receive have the Survey, Section and Block information and that’s all. A lot of people asking questions about Leasing or Selling their mineral rights have this same tool box. I’ll look into getting a Survey or checking out Google Maps.

What gets me is that to access this information for surface and mineral owners, you have to subscribe to some services…and those subscriptions cost $1000 to $2600 per year!!
I’ve got better places to invest that kind of money…like a 22X24 metal carport I can convert to a greenhouse to raise vegetables on my farm. Someone needs to talk GoogleEarth into integrating section line overlays into their images…at least for the USA…so that a single subscription for $360/year would yield the information land/mineral owners want. And newspapers like the Midland Reporter Telegram no longer print well drilling permits or production reports from existing wells. Everybody’s got their hand stuck out to fleece the land/mineral owners and the oilfield workers out here in the Permian and Delaware basins.
Rant over…off my soapbox!!

1 Like

Aren’t most of the roads included on the tx rrc map? That’s how I keep track.

TJ

Greetings Mr Lawrence from La. As to our conversation this A M, we were a little rough on MRT. They came through with permit info for last week but left out a couple weeks back to 9 30. I will take mine back if you will. Charles J

Yes they are included. That is also how I keep track.

1 Like

Nah, Charles J, I won’t take anything back. MRT is like WalMart out here in west Texas. You get to buying a certain product at WalMart…they let you get dependent on them…then they take it off the shelves and don’t stock it anymore. Aggravating! But that’s SOP out here. So I won’t get dependent on MRT for anything.

I also own mineral in the same section. Did you learn any more after you posted?

Where do you get a map like that. Thank you

Hi Tom, Section 136 is a few miles north of us and slightly East. I do not have more info on section 74 other than the waiting game.

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/about-us/resource-center/research/gis-viewers/public-gis-viewer/

Click on “Launch Public GIS Viewer”. It has lots of useful information, a little tricky to learn how to use though.