Reeves County 2019 Taxes

FYI…In an effort to be certain I was not penalized for late payment of Reeves County Appraisal District taxes, I sent in my check a month before the due date. That was over 3 weeks ago. My check has yet to clear my bank. Today I contacted their office and was told they are a bit behind opening their mail. In fact, the person said they were working on December 20th mail today. And based on when they received my check (Jan 4-5th) it will be another 2-3 weeks before they get my payment open and posted. She assured me there would be no late penalty. They may want to consider taking some of their receipts and hire a few more people.

2 Likes

A couple of years ago, when you payed the appraisal office and I think the tax office separately. I mistakenly sent both too same address, one of them sent it back too me.i Googled the offices, they were across the street from them… they couldn’t bother themselves too walk it across the street…

1 Like

I had same experience with long-wait for check to clear the Reeves Co. tax office. You actually had better luck than me. When I called, the phone rang, and rang, and rang, No answer, no voicemail. Thanks for posting your comment so now I won’t worry. I too mailed mine right after Christmas and still hasn’t cleared.

The person at the Appraisal District gave me this number for the tax collector: 432-445-5473. I was surprised when my call was answered almost immediately. Now that I’ve seen the process in action I’m curious if the appraisal district will revise our tax this year considering the significant decline rates. Or is it another round of protest and appeal with Capitol Appraisal?