Redstone Oil

Has anyone in Sheridan County heard of Bob Spoklie/Redstone Oil? In 1986 when my aunt passed away, several of us were heirs to her mineral rights. None of us knew there was a well in Sheridan County...just Daniels County. A year ago we started getting really small checks every few months...like $25 to $40, from a marketing company out of Texas. I've called them and they said they only have the information that's on the check stub which isn't much...no land description or location. I've tried to contact Mr. Spoklie to find out about the lease for this well and what happened to the royalties from 1986 until last year, but he won't return my calls. I'm calling the courthouse tomorrow in hopes of finding out about a lease my aunt or uncle might have signed before they passed. Guess this may require a lawyer although I'm wondering if it would even be worth it. Anyone?

Bonnie:

Sounds like you need to do some back research of records in order to gain the information needed to answer your question. The records at the County Clerk office in Plentywood, MT will provide much of your needed information but they will not assist you in your quest for information. I don't think that your situation warrents hiring a lawyer, just say a retired landman who knows how to do record research. I would contact the O'Toole Law Firm in Plentywood, they have assisted me in the past, and describe your situation and your need for someone who does record research. Ask if there is anyone in the area that does this type of work and most likely someone in the office will be able to assist you.

Thanks Charles....I'll call them. I appreciate your time to respond.

charles s mallory said:

Bonnie:

Sounds like you need to do some back research of in order to gain the information needed to answer your question. The records at the County Clerk office in Plentywood, MT will provide much of your needed information but they will not assist you in your quest for information. I don't think that your situation warrents hiring a lawyer, just say a retired landman who knows how to do record research. I would contact the O'Toole Law Firm in Plentywood, they have assisted me in the past, and describe your situation and your need for someone who does record research. Ask if there is anyone in the area that does this type of work and most likely someone in the office will be able to assist you.