Redrilling an inactive well and other questions

Question 1

We have a well running through our property that didn't produce much in the IP in February. Continental Resources now calls it inactive. Does that mean it will never be active again, or is it possible they will try again. Do they ever redrill wells that are considered "dry?"

Question 2

We also have a well considered "confidential" and has no SPUD date. I called the NDIC and the woman with whom I spoke said, most likely, Continental hasn't even begun to drill it. How is it a well if it hasn't been drilled?

Question 3

It doesn't look like there is much good activity on our property. Even though it is leased, as I said before, one of the prospects for a well is now IA, and the other is not even drilled. Does this mean there is little potential for this area, or am I just being impatient. We have parts of Sec. 3,9,10 in 161, 94.

Thanks so much to you experts out there who take the time to answer questions for those of us who are new. You have been extremely helpful and your thoughts are greatly appreciated! We sincerely appreicate your time! Vicki

Vicki, your well that legged into section 9 from section 4 produced almost 6,000 barrels of oil in april, whatever was wrong is probably fixed, the well isn't a monster but it appears that they will be producing from it for some time. Better yet I'm sure they learned something about the geolegy in your soecific area when they drilled your first well and they may be able to apply it in drilling your second well. Vicki, try to remember that we as mineral owners hear about things late, by the time we hear about a problem it's probably been fixed for a month. As far behind as we are in the know, the state hasn't changed the status from IA, and 6k bbl of oil in 27 days sounds pretty active to me. I hope this makes you feel better.

Thank you!!

r w kennedy said:

Vicki, your well that legged into section 9 from section 4 produced almost 6,000 barrels of oil in april, whatever was wrong is probably fixed, the well isn't a monster but it appears that they will be producing from it for some time. Better yet I'm sure they learned something about the geolegy in your soecific area when they drilled your first well and they may be able to apply it in drilling your second well. Vicki, try to remember that we as mineral owners hear about things late, by the time we hear about a problem it's probably been fixed for a month. As far behind as we are in the know, the state hasn't changed the status from IA, and 6k bbl of oil in 27 days sounds pretty active to me. I hope this makes you feel better.