Red Rocks pooling order SE/4 Sec 16 5N-4W

The Aug 18, 2022 OCC Pooling Order 727718 for this conventional well (160 ac in Viola, the Bromides and McLish) has the usual choices for a mineral owner (i.e. participation by sharing in the costs of the well or various levels of royalty with various bonus payments), but it also has an “Option 6.7: CASH CONSIDERATION: $1.00 PER ACRE AND DELIVER NET REVENUE INTEREST LESS THAN 75% AS EXISTING AT THE TIME FORCED POOLING APPLICATION AS FILED: to accept $1.00 per acre and deliver net revenue interest as existing at the time the forced pooling application was filed to the extent the net revenue interest is less than 75% as a fair, reasonable and equitable bonus to be paid unto such owner who elects not to participate in the well by paying such owners proportionate part of the costs thereof… It was the testimony in this cause, certain Respondents own oil and gas leasehold estate interest which has been burdened and the net revenue interest is less than 75%. The overburdened interest is a negative asset to the Applicant. Any Respondents owning oil and gas leasehold estate which have burdens such that the net revenue interest to be delivered is less than 75% shall be entitled to either participate under the provisions of Paragraph 6.1 above (i.e. participate by sharing in the costs), or to elect the provisions of this Paragraph 6.7.”

Can anyone translate this or me?

Did you see Tim Dowd’s answer over in the General topic? Basically, it is for working interest owners who have already committed part of their revenue to someone else. Regular mineral owners don’t usually have to worry about this option.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.