Record your current contact info. with the county clerk

To protect our interest in the minerals we own, we all need to make sure our current address is recorded with the county clerk where the minerals are located. This ensures that you can be contacted in the event an oil company wants to consummate a lease with you.

If anyone has a specific form for this I'm sure it would be appreciated by all ...

Dear Kaye,

I have used an Affidavit of Identity form in the past for clients. We also do not include the phone number, but a permanent e-mail address for contact information as well. This is of particular importance of married women, whose contact name is not the same as record title name. Make sure that you pay to have all names indexed both ways in the clerk's office.

Dear Kaye,

Mr Cotten is correct, although I wasn't familiar with that form when I started Leasing. But, as luck would have it, My Grandfather left an amazing array of forms and one of those was a Statement of Claim, which does several things on the one form. If you can't locate these forms, I'd be happy to scan one for you. I hope this helps,

Yours,

Wes Luke

Thank you Buddy, I had no idea the exact name of the form, but a kind lady I know had mentioned at one point how minerals that have been dormant for years could be eventually taxed if specific bills were passed, causing unknown heirs/owners to end up loosing their minerals without their knowledge. Also, I read an article a few months back on "how to purchase minerals in Oklahoma" and found something on the same topic which, I thought might peak the interest of some mineral owners here to keep their records updated with their current contact information.

Myself, I thought I owned some minerals still, but wasn't sure, and for years it was never a priority to check it out until, the land company sent my daughter a letter. Good advice on the indexing and the email address too!

Thanks!
Kaye

Buddy Cotten said:

Dear Kaye,

I have used an Affidavit of Identity form in the past for clients. We also do not include the phone number, but a permanent e-mail address for contact information as well. This is of particular importance of married women, whose contact name is not the same as record title name. Make sure that you pay to have all names indexed both ways in the clerk's office.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

Mineral Manager

Wes,

Thanks! I may ask you scan me in a copy. What I have is an "Affidavit of Ownership" that I simplified to apply only to my contact information, but wanted to see if I could get some other opinions before I mailed it in to be recorded. Your Grandfather sounded like he was a very wise man knowing you may have a use for them someday!

Kaye

Wes Luke said:

Dear Kaye,

Mr Cotten is correct, although I wasn't familiar with that form when I started Leasing. But, as luck would have it, My Grandfather left an amazing array of forms and one of those was a Statement of Claim, which does several things on the one form. If you can't locate these forms, I'd be happy to scan one for you. I hope this helps,

Yours,

Wes Luke

Is it possible for me to get a form scanned and emailed to me?

My 4 sisters and I have all been married and my thoughts have been that we were never contacted because we are not easy to find in the clercks records in Hudspeth Co. Texas. My grandmother left us 51% mineral rights to 10 sections.

Thanks,

Chanda Tammen Holsey

Hi Wes, I would appreciate your sending a copy of the form to me. I recorded a document but fear the information was insufficient and would like to give it another shot.

Thanks Wes

Bob

rltofson@verizon.net

Wes Luke said:

Dear Kaye,

Yours,

Wes Luke