Recommendations for surveyors for Southwest Sunsites

Hi there,

Can you recommend a surveyor who could help me figure out where my land is? I don't need a specific survey at this point, but I want to come out and visit it and connect with adjacent landowners. The county assessor's office told me that the only thing they have are old plat maps and that these areas were never subdivided. One surveyor quoted me $5,000. I will pay that if I think I can develop it, but not right now.

Are there any landmen or experienced folks who could just help me approximate where my land starts and ends on Apache Road, off exit 159 on I-10 for a small fee?

The property description is:

AB 2327 BLK 82 SEC 24 PSL

Unit 24 PAR 8, SWSS.

Tax notices indicate it is Block 82, Lot 21. JUR: 00-01-30-60-51. Here is the plat map that the county assessor's office provided me. I know I'm in block 24,not 13. If I've estimated properly, there is a truck stop there, and my land borders on Apache Road toward the west.

Are there any tricks for trying to figure out the GPS coordinates? Frankly, I'm a bit discouraged, but I want to do something with this land because my father gave it to me before he died. I do hope that eventually oil will be there (I have confirmed I have the mineral rights) but I'd like to do some things on it while we're waiting for this. Any thoughts, recommendations, innovative solutions would be greatly welcomed!

Thank you,

Vonnie