Recently Inherited Mineral Rights

Hello,

A family member of mine recently inherited some mineral rights out in Sheridan, MT. I am trying to do a little bit of research for him and see if it is worth of any value or if they are currently drilling/mining in that area. It's in the Township 32 Range 59 east section 4 E1/2SW1/4 and Lots 5 & 6 totaling 20 mineral acres. If you have any information on this, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

HI, I have mineral rights in Sheridan MT also, in Township 35 North, range 56 east and as of now there is no

drilling going on and from the sounds of it it won't happen anytime soon.

We too have minerals in the Sheridan County area very close to the are you described. Ours are in T30N;R59E;Sec 31. There were several wells drilled over the past few years by Marathon Oil in the area. Wells were fair but not in todays down market. Triangle Petroleum since has acquired these wells but have no info on current production figures. There were several existing permits in the area, one of which was on our mineral acreage. These permits have been cancelled and don't look for any further drilling in the area until the market takes a major upswing. The ups and downs of this business is nothing new and hopefully things will look brighter over the next few years but its hard to predict when this will occur.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Charles, always like your feedback

charles s mallory said:

We too have minerals in the Sheridan County area very close to the are you described. Ours are in T30N;R59E;Sec 31. There were several wells drilled over the past few years by Marathon Oil in the area. Wells were fair but not in todays down market. Triangle Petroleum since has acquired these wells but have no info on current production figures. There were several existing permits in the area, one of which was on our mineral acreage. These permits have been cancelled and don't look for any further drilling in the area until the market takes a major upswing. The ups and downs of this business is nothing new and hopefully things will look brighter over the next few years but its hard to predict when this will occur.