Recently contacted by Landsman regarding inherited mineral rights

Family recently contacted about potential inheritance of mineral rights for property in Liberty District, Marshall County, West Virginia.

We know nothing about mineral rights and the Process to verify our ownership.

Where do I go to verify these mineral rights and my family ownership.

A Landsman has contacted my family. How do I verify that the Landsman is legitament and this is not a scam

Probably worth having an attorney review and give you guidance.

Also a good idea to post this over in Marshall Co, WV. There are some very knowledgeable folks over there who can get you started on your own search of family ownership and whether or not they have heard of this land company.

Thank you for the reply. I have posted on the Marshall forum. New to this site so just learning.

Thank you for your reply. Have posted my inquiry at the Marshall forum.

I’m in the same boat. 20 acres so probably not enough to consider an attorney. Letter from Antero Resources corp. Centerville District, Tyler County, WV. They are offering $12.50 per acre and 15% of production. Is that fair? Seems low. They also say that I must reply by July 19. That’s not much time to research. Can I extend the time. Please I need help now!

Myself and other relatives were contacted by Antero Resources Corp. My siblings and cousin’s were offered $400 and 15% of production. Our land share is only 0.1293 acres. My aunt, the only serving member of her generation was offered $700.I don’t know what her land share is. I found paperwork from 1973 that my father signed that he was a descendant of 49 acres of mining land in Wetzel county, WV. There were 49 signatures on the mining paperwork at that time. This is the same land that they are now trying to locate all surviving ancestors. Since our land share is so small I’m assuming this is an alright amount.