Recently contacted by CGS,

Hi all, I am new to all this. Was just recently contacted concerning a new lease. I am part owner of 320 acres in Dawson Co. SW/4 Section 39, Block 36, T5N and NW/4 Section 46, Block 36, T5N. What do we need to know about this lease, offer, and land? Any info or direction would be appreciated tremendously. None of us had any knowledge of this land till recently.

If it matters any, mine is an NEMI ownership.

You might go read all the discussions on dawson county. CGS which is EOG has drilled many wells in the Block 36 T5N township. Excellent operator with deep pockets. EOG is referred to as “the Apple” of E&P companies.

Under dawson county discussions= check out thread about Overton unit. Overton unit is in section 39 Block 36 T5N- 7.3 miles SW of lamesa- lots of good wells in the area.

Hi there…if you have a NEMI then you are NOT entitled to negotiate a lease. You are however, entitled to a lease bonus and royalty interest that’s negotiated by MI owners is how it works I believe. I have a NEMI in Pecos County that Devon paid years ago on. It’s called a non-executive mineral interest.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.