Receiving Offers to buy

There were 2 wells drilled involving 3 tracts that I have royalties in. Can any one give me an update on what might be going on with them? I have been receiving calls from companies wanting to buy the deeper section rights. Sorry I’m not familiar with the proper terminology of all this. Wells are colombus 1-36-25 and Madison 1-31-30 both in carter county. Thank you!

2 Likes

Please give the township and range plus sections. There are quite a few old shallow fields in Carter. Continental is coming in to drill deep Woodford horizontal wells, so that is why you are getting interest. I will look up the pending OCC cases if there are any.

36 1s 3w & 31 1s 2w & 30 1s 2w Thank you

36-1S-3W Continental pooled Oct 26, 2020 for a multi-unit horizontal well with Section 25. It does say they intend to drill multiple wells. The Columbus 1-36-25XHW well was spud on 4/7/20 (from 31-1S-2W) and the survey was finished on May 7, 2020. Given that the oil prices were very low at that point last year, the well may not have been completed yet. The buyer hopes you don’t know about the well and any future planned wells…

31& 30 1s 2w Continental also had the Madison 1-31-30XHW well permitted in section 31-1S-2W from the same pad. Given the time frame of last year, it doesn’t look like it spud yet. Time will tell. If you are an owner, you should have gotten all the OCC case info. It may have come from Echo back in 2019 or 2020, but Continental bought they out in that area.

2 Likes

Hi Kimberly, just curious as to the offers you have been receiving in the area?

They would just leave me messages to call them that they were wanting to make offer. I never called them back to find out what their offer would be. I’ve never really been interested in selling my interest.

1 Like

I have had an offer also for deep mineral rights in Carter county also, legal description is 25-1S-3W and 08-2S2W. Do not have the funds for a lawyer and do not know what to do to obtain help. Get a small check monthly but am worried I am being taken advantage of. Ms. Barnes do you have a recommendation?

There is an evolving deep Woodford play in Carter County. When you say you have an offer, do you mean to buy or to lease?

25-1S-3W Continental Resources had a horizontal well planned and pooled back in Feb. 2020. You may be held by shallow production in the South Tatums Sand Unit, but the pooling amounts are shown just to give you an idea. I don’t see the well permitted yet. I have acreage near there with multiple offers to buy and I am holding onto my deep rights to see what happens. You may have a different situation, but if offers are to buy, get several different bids if you really need to sell.

8-2S-2W- Same situation. Continental pooled in Sept 2020. Well supposed to be drilled from a surface location in 32-1S-2W and have perforations mostly in sections 5 & 8. This well has apparently been spud. It is called the Gramercy 1-32-5-8XHW. It has not shown up as completed yet. Not surprising as many operators did not complete wells last year due to low prices. Again, this is what buyers are trying to buy-the royalties from the wells. And any future royalties from additional wells. Be aware.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.