Receiving Division Orders?

Just wondering if anyone has received their division orders for this well. Village 1-15-10XHW, All of Sections 10 and 15, 1S 4W. According to OTC it went active 6/13/22. I did receive a W9 (which I completed and returned) from Continental but have not received a division order yet. Also, could someone explain the advantage of using the NADOA Model Form Division Order instead of the division order sent from the oil company. Thank you for all your help!

I am not in the Village well, but if you have not received royalties yet, I would wait until January to send a request for royalties and interest by certified mail. Sometimes the 180 days does not line up with the company’s normal check cut date so I give it an extra month.

If the operator DO is in the same style (and has the same clauses) as the NADOA form, then I do not mind signing it if the information is all correct. I prefer the NADOA form because it has been agreed upon by the National Association of Division Order analysts and is approved for all states. I have seen many Division Orders that try to change the lease or take post production charges that they are not supposed to. Here is a copy if you need it. 0_NADOA_Division Order Model Blank Form 2017v 2.pdf (78.2 KB)

Once again, thank you so much for your assistance. It is wonderful that you are so willing to share your knowledge and much precious time with the members of the group.

I’ve been watching the Village well on the pun reports as well. I too received a W9, but had not returned it yet. Yesterday I received my first check. I believe it was for about 5 months of production. I never received a division order.

It is wise to return the W-9 if you do not want Federal taxes taken out of your check (you still have to pay them one way or another). Many companies require them just as a matter of course.

Some companies pay the first check so that they do not have to pay interest. The Division Order usually follows in a month or two. Sometimes they are waiting on the final commission order regarding the splits between the two sections.

I also received my first check for the Village today. I have several questions and tried to call the CLR owner relations line. You just get a recorded message and they ask that we use their email for a response. I will try that today. I have not received a division order yet. I did not realize the companies would pay before they send division orders out. I have never experienced that before.

1 Like

I own mineral interest in Sec. 15 (VILLAGE 1-15-10XHW Stephens Co. T-1S R-4W) and have received several mailings since Oct. 2021 in reference to relief sought from the Corp. Com. of Oklahoma. The first was from Turner Oil & Gas notice of a hearing description of relief being sought and an extensive list of mineral owners (myself included). That mailing was originally sent to an out-of-date, expired address however it did find it’s way to my mailbox about a month or so later. The applicant was Continental Resources Inc. Subsequently I’ve received notices of modifications to the original order from Hartzog Conger Cason, I assume Continental’s legal representative, requesting approval for revisions. The most recent of these was dated and approved 10/19/22. To date, I have not received a division order or W-9 from Continental or anything further from Turner. I’m not really concerned at this point as I stated the mineral owners list on Village is quite long. My question is to those who have received checks or division orders, to whom are they coming from? Continental or Turner? And where does Turner fit in? Are they handling Administrative Services? If they are, I want to get them my current address and also, Continental’s office. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks.

You need to make sure that your correct address is filed with the county courthouse and you also need to contact Continental’s division order department and give them the correct address. Continental is the operator and will be paying. Turner was their land company, but does not participate in payments. Be sure and give the DO Dept your section, township and range.

CONTINENTAL RESOURCES INC Division Order Department PO BOX 268870 OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73126-8870

1 Like

A simple affidavit providing your name and address and reference the legal descriptions of the minerals in which you have an interest should do the trick. Be sure that you are not doing anything to cloud another’s interest.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I have now received my division order.

Congratulations! If it is correct and on the NADOA form language with no extra language then return it with the W-9 and look forward to the first check in a few weeks. (Some companies like to change the lease or add extra language to the form so be cautious.)

0_NADOA_Division Order Model Blank Form 2017v 2.pdf (78.2 KB)

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.