Received letter stating I own mineral rights, help please

I would not think there is a deed with her name on it however if she were to check the lineage of ownership she might find parents or grandparents with deeded rights and start from there. Is that not what the landman that got her name probebly did?

Never said that. I was just giving her another idea. Something that has worked for me. Checking county documents online is quick easy and very low cost and may give her a lead for further research.

I am sure you are right…maybe not as sure as you are. Just was giving another idea in case she needed one

I am ---> guessing <---- you don't need to worry about the offer being withdrawn. The purpose of that statement is to trick you into selling ( leasing -not clear ) your interests quickly without get other offers that are higher. ---> Generally <--- offers like these that very low ball and are trying to find land to purchase that has been overlooked in an original leasing process. The good news is they may have found an interest for you that you did not know about. See what information you can get from them about the locations of the mineral interest. One issue can be that a mineral researcher got you name associated with an incorrect deed or probate. It has been my experience these landmen will not get a in-dept research job done until a deal is started. O course they have gotten you to sign a low ball deal and it's too late for you to re-negotiate at that point. If the mineral interest is real it will be best for you to find out what it is ( maybe the landman can give you some info on the land location --- with that you can go to County Clerk ( or use internet ) to go back into records to see if you can find a connection. If you do find what they are referring to you will probably need a lawyer to file a Deed for you in your name. Or if you decide to lease with the landman will sometimes offer to clear a clouded Deed. But I would not worry about the 20 days --- and their offer of $1000 for a lease does sound low.

If you go to the County Clerk my experience is that they are willing to help you get started to search. Sometimes they are VERY busy and cant spend a lot of time helping. So, getting started on the internet is a good idea. But see what info you can from the Landman --- hopefully the Section, Township, Range is known. Ask for the Book and Page of the document that he is using. You can then ask the County Clerk for a copy of that Book, Page for you to start your Deeding process ( probably need a lawyer )

Thats all you need to get started.............