Re-permits

The Texas Railroad Commission originally approved Matador's permit to drill on our mineral acres in September 2014, then again in November 2014, and last in February 2015. Each time the permit is for the same block and section, and the wording is identical.

Does anyone know why this repetition would be necessary? It seems once the first permit is approved, then that should suffice. (In other words, the first permit wasn't sent back for revision, to my knowledge.)

Any explanation of this process would be appreciated--

Permits are only valid for a certain period - so paperwork needs to re-filed if first permit is about to expire and operator still plans to drill.

You may also be seeing a series of "amended" permits where some changes are made to the original ()e.g. change in surface or bottom hole location). These will be noted as "amended" somewhere on the new permit.

Thanks for the clarification.

I looked at the last permit, and noticed the "Amended" box checked. The change seems to be in the bottom hole location, as you suggest. I am encouraged that Matador hasn't given up its drilling plans, but is careful in its procedures.

Rock Man said:

Permits are only valid for a certain period - so paperwork needs to re-filed if first permit is about to expire and operator still plans to drill.

You may also be seeing a series of "amended" permits where some changes are made to the original ()e.g. change in surface or bottom hole location). These will be noted as "amended" somewhere on the new permit.

Matador is very committed to their Delaware Basin position based on recent presentations despite price downturn. Expect a slowdown but still some steady drilling.

John Michael Moran said:

Thanks for the clarification.

I looked at the last permit, and noticed the "Amended" box checked. The change seems to be in the bottom hole location, as you suggest. I am encouraged that Matador hasn't given up its drilling plans, but is careful in its procedures.

Rock Man said: