Rates Per Rod for Right of Way Pipelines

Use this discussion to share rates received and offered per rod for pipeline right of ways.

1 Like

I have property in Noble Co, OK and have a 8" line going across my property. At first, I didn't accept the offer and finally when they were across the fence from me they decided to gave me $120 per rod. Now they have to clean the place up and re-plant grass in the spring. I'm hoping I don't get lots of wasting till then, but since it doesn't rain in Okla anymore, I Probably don't need to worry.

Virginia have you or any one in this forum worked with Glass Mountain they have petitioned for PermanentEasement rights (PETiTION FOR CONDEMENATION) on property in Garfield Cty NE/4 of section 3’,Township 20 North, Range 06 West this is property that has been in our family for 5 generation. If anyone has had dealings with Glass Mountain and can enlighten me I would appreciate it.

Shan,

I haven't worked with Glass Mountain pipeline Co, so I'm not much help. I think it's part of semi-group and Chesapeake Energy, but not sure. Have they made you an offer? If not, why are they petition for easement. All easement are permanent unless you put a clause in your agreement/contract. Other things to put in the contract are:

Easement expires if line isn't being used. Size of pipe, 1 line only, oil and gas only (No salt water) additional payment will be made for crop or grass damage and any future damage. Does this company have E D? You can call Junior or Donna at OCC to find out.

Is this the line that is coming from Wood Co, near Alva to Cushing? If they aren't paying good and you know several of your neighbor, form a group and stick together for a better deal. If they have E D, you can't keep them off, but you may be able to get a better deal by sticking together.

You may need a good oil & gas attorney to work with the pipeline company and get you a good contract.

Virginia

Thank you for your response,based on what my family attorney says they have ED but I would like to check since I live out of state could you give me phone number for Junior or Donna at OCC? Thank you for your help

Hey folks, I have been made an offer to renew a natural gas pipeline row, to operate and maintain and existing 8 3/4 inch natural gas transmission line for 20 years. ROW is 103.00 rods in length, 50 feet in width and containing 1.950 acres. They have offered $ 50.00 per rod. My Great Aunts were involved in the original negotiations 20 yrs ago. The property is located in Blaine County, Oklahoma. Please any thoughts/help on the price per rod? Many thanks to all.

Does anyone know what the going rate per rod for 8 inch gas pipeline in Kansas?

I am new to the forum. I received an offer for a right of way easement on my property in Reeves County TX. How do I determine if the offer is acceptable and how to receive payment?"

I just gave a pipeline right of way and they stated out wanting to pay $80 in KS and $100 in OK for a 20 inch line.

That big of a line was worth at least 2 to 3 time that much. I can't say what I got, but it was good crop and pasture land, so it was higher. Some of Ks is much less, $80 to $150, TX depending on the area, it can be more or less. Also, a lot depends how far they are going, do you own a few acres or a lot of acres and can they go around you easily. So, a lot of things come into play on right of ways for pipeline. Also, what are you neighbors doing, almost giving it away or holding out for a better price?

What is the current rate for a pipeline easement in Reeves county Texas? Company want to put 2 pipeline in one ROW agreement. From my research on this site and others, each pipeline should have its on ROW, right.? Any information is greatly appreciated

Felicia,

I won't let them lump the 2 pipelines together. I would want a contract for each line (1) with a clause that if they ceased use within a time limit, the ROW will be released. Not sure what the Row is going for in your county.

Thanks, Virginia

Hello, all. We received an offer for $200/rod across 160 rods in Canadian County, OK for a Natural Gas Pipeline ROW. We do not have details on pipe size, yet. Do other folks in the Canadian County, OK area have relative rates for ROW between properties (i.e. not along roadway)?

We would appreciate your input! Thanks!

for those in Texas, a great place to get a reference is the University Lands office. They publish a "damages" listing every year which shows acceptable fees for pipelines (by diameter), roads, etc. Excellent source and more than once it has been helpful to me to get the pipeline row offers adjusted.

The fees listed look like they apply mostly to West Texas land, although there's lots of helpful information on the site. I wish I had a similar source for SE Texas.