Quit Claim that becomes effective upon death

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a quit claim drawn up and done completely legal and have it worded so it would become effective upon death? We would like to do this with our mineral rights that are active now and we also have some that are not active.

I would advise consulting with an atty in the state where the property is located.

In Texas title passes when someone dies -- at the moment of death.

In Texas title passes with a deed -- at the moment of delivery of the deed.

If you retain possession, there has been no delivery of the deed & no transfere of title.

Thanks.

Dillon said:

I would advise consulting with an atty in the state where the property is located.

In Texas title passes when someone dies -- at the moment of death.

In Texas title passes with a deed -- at the moment of delivery of the deed.

If you retain possession, there has been no delivery of the deed & no transfere of title.

I have seen it in oklahoma. It was a transfer on death deed. It is common enough when you look it up, it shows TOD as the type in the database.

Thanks Rick. I will look at a Transfer on Death Deed. Appreciate your information. Have a good one. We live in MT.

Rick Howell said:

I have seen it in oklahoma. It was a transfer on death deed. It is common enough when you look it up, it shows TOD as the type in the database.

In Oklahoma you may deed a life estate to an individual and list the remainderman. Upon the death of the individual owning the life estate interest it will pass to the remainderman party or parties with little to no legal work involved. I know a Marlene Farrell who was married to Jas Farrell who worked for T. Boone and passed away a couple yrs ago. I notice the last name is spelled differently but wondered if it was you or your family. The Marlene I know is an incredible human being.

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for replying and I will see if we can do the same in MT.

All Marlene's are incredible! LOL! No, we aren't the Ferrel's aks Farrell, etc. that worked for T. Boone.

Have a good day!

I put my sister’s house with her as the life tenant (she had a life estate) and the remainderman interest was in my name. She passed away recently so upon her death the property passes to the remainderman/men. It is a great tool.

I put my sister’s house with her as the life tenant (she had a life estate) and the remainderman interest was in my name. She passed away recently so upon her death the property passes to the remainderman/men. It is a great tool.