I'm starting a new post since my original post implied that our mineral rights were close to Laramie, when in fact they are apparently much closer to Pine Bluffs which is about 40 miles east of Cheyenne.
I "think" we (my brother, sister, and I) own a full section of mineral rights there. I know we own some mineral rights, and I think we own the full section based on a letter of interest from a Landman.
We've received a few contacts from Landmen with lease or purchase interests over the last few months, but none have panned out.
I'm a Realtor in Calif. and if this was a house for sale, I'd know how to sell or lease it. I'm clueless on how to market Mineral Rights.
I've read that I should contact Mineral Rights owners on adjacent land to find out what they have done. Since I don't even know how to look up MY records, I wouldn't know how to look up the records of those owners either.
Most of the replies I recieved to my original post were how to negotiate with the landmen, but now we don't have any outstanding interest.
I have some questions for the qroup.
1. Do we just wait for a landman to find us, or is there some way to let them know that we are interested in leasing?
2. Are there sales people that will "List" our interests for lease?
3. How about private auctions?
4. Can anyone tell me how to search the records - I understand they are only available on microfiche in this area. Is this type of search something I could do with little knowledge?
5. I believe it was Lisa that posted BLM auction results back Aug. or Sept. is that information public? Does someone have a link?
6. Same question as 5 - but about maps that shows where minerals have been found.
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.