Questions About - Township 14 Range 60 Section 30 = LARAMIE T14N R60W 30 - Close to Pine Bluffs Wyoming

I'm starting a new post since my original post implied that our mineral rights were close to Laramie, when in fact they are apparently much closer to Pine Bluffs which is about 40 miles east of Cheyenne.

I "think" we (my brother, sister, and I) own a full section of mineral rights there. I know we own some mineral rights, and I think we own the full section based on a letter of interest from a Landman.

We've received a few contacts from Landmen with lease or purchase interests over the last few months, but none have panned out.

I'm a Realtor in Calif. and if this was a house for sale, I'd know how to sell or lease it. I'm clueless on how to market Mineral Rights.

I've read that I should contact Mineral Rights owners on adjacent land to find out what they have done. Since I don't even know how to look up MY records, I wouldn't know how to look up the records of those owners either.

Most of the replies I recieved to my original post were how to negotiate with the landmen, but now we don't have any outstanding interest.

I have some questions for the qroup.

1. Do we just wait for a landman to find us, or is there some way to let them know that we are interested in leasing?

2. Are there sales people that will "List" our interests for lease?

3. How about private auctions?

4. Can anyone tell me how to search the records - I understand they are only available on microfiche in this area. Is this type of search something I could do with little knowledge?

5. I believe it was Lisa that posted BLM auction results back Aug. or Sept. is that information public? Does someone have a link?

6. Same question as 5 - but about maps that shows where minerals have been found.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Paul

You could go to the county courthouse with proof of ownership. I could tell you if anyone is in the area drilling but would need a bit more info on where the site is. bill@petrocrude.net

Thanks for the offer Bill! Unfortunately, ALL of the info. I have is in the subject line. Since it's close to Pine Bluffs, and since it's such a small town, I would guess that any drilling near the city couldn't be too far from our site.

So, I would have to have proof of ownership? That makes it tough, since it's actually in my sister's name. Would you happen to know what it would take to get it transferred into all of our names? Could that be done with a quit claim and notarized signatures? My sister is getting up there in years and probably wouldn't be too excited about making the trip.

Thanks again,

Paul

Bill Frothinger said:

You could go to the county courthouse with proof of ownership. I could tell you if anyone is in the area drilling but would need a bit more info on where the site is. bill@petrocrude.net

Paul- You may be in a good spot. 640 acres in that area depends on royalty interest. If you sell just the mineral rights, then you may want to go with just a royalty interest as it could yied more money. Otherwise, a flat rate for your area could be in the $500+ per acre range. I could have my geologist look at it and review any oil drilling in the area. If I did that then I would want us to sign a 60 day due diligence and outline some scenarios. Let me know.

Paul McDuell said:

Thanks for the offer Bill! Unfortunately, ALL of the info. I have is in the subject line. Since it's close to Pine Bluffs, and since it's such a small town, I would guess that any drilling near the city couldn't be too far from our site.

So, I would have to have proof of ownership? That makes it tough, since it's actually in my sister's name. Would you happen to know what it would take to get it transferred into all of our names? Could that be done with a quit claim and notarized signatures? My sister is getting up there in years and probably wouldn't be too excited about making the trip.

Thanks again,

Paul

Bill Frothinger said:

I'm new to this Bill. First let me be clear, we own only the mineral rights, AND, I believe we own those rights to a section. Not positive that we have the entire section. I Understand the lease concept, a dollar about per acre up front, and a percentage of the royalty. I don't think we would be interested in selling our interests, but we would be interested in leasing them. As far as a "due dilligence" not sure what that would obligate us to, but would like to hear more.

thanks again,

Paul

Bill Frothinger said:

Paul- You may be in a good spot. 640 acres in that area depends on royalty interest. If you sell just the mineral rights, then you may want to go with just a royalty interest as it could yied more money. Otherwise, a flat rate for your area could be in the $500+ per acre range. I could have my geologist look at it and review any oil drilling in the area. If I did that then I would want us to sign a 60 day due diligence and outline some scenarios. Let me know.

Paul McDuell said:

Thanks again,

Paul

Bill Frothinger said:

Paul-

I would be willing to commmit 30 days of my time to get bids from one private and three public companies, who would be willing to look at your land. In exchange I ask that I get a 30 day exclsuive to shop your land. The companies that I contact would be on a protective list for 1 year. My compensation would be paid by the companies I contact.

Bill

Bill-

I am interested in learning more about your offer. I spoke with my brother and sister and they agree. I do have some questions for you. Please email me directly at: paulcalif@gmail.com

From there we can get a dialog started.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Paul

We are interested in leasing.