Questions about Mineral and surface rights/ownership/deeds

Hi there, I am new to the forum and found this site through a search engine. I am not sure where to start with my questions but I am hoping for some feedback, ideas and support! :-)

My family has inhereted some sections of land and mineral interest in township 135 range 36. We have been working for about 6 years now to try to pinpoint, identify and understand everything about ownerships rights etc since inhereting, unfortunately we have run into several road blocks. I have searched the county documents for any type of information pertaining to the minerals because we don't understand how mineral interest is divided up in percentanges. or how that is figured.

We have been working with a lawyer and past lawyers about several parcels of land that were illegally deeded back in 2006, in which the land was willed to our family, and (illegally deeded to someone, by someone other than the owner). And along with that, we have been willed other parcels of land and minerals that we are trying to fully understand our rights as owners.

My first question is this: Would you know how to obtain a legal description of mineral interest on the land we inherited? From what I am learning, this is done by having a landman complete a title research?

Also, how would we obtain complete evaluations of all the properties and minerals that were willed to our family, in order to fully understand the value and worth of these properties? Our goal is fulfill our ancestors goals of fully understanding and properly caring for the land, any sales, deals, etc.

From what I have learned since I was in New England last October, owners, farmers, and residents are very protective of their properties and we don't want to impose or seem like we are stepping in on others territories. We are simply trying to handle our inheritance and want to do it ethically, properly, and as our ancestors would be happy with.

New England and Hettinger County is a very nice area, and the people we met were very friendly. Being from Minnesota, the residents there work very hard!

Any helpful information or guidance would be appreciated!