Questioning Mineral Right Value

We have 4 pieces of property that we would like to sell. They were purchased because of the mineral rights that they have. How do we determine what the property values are with the land and the mineral rights. We have 2 properties in Fitzhugh, 1 in Byng and 1 in Frances. Our realtor is having difficulty being able to set a value on the mineral rights part.

Thank you for any help you can give us

You would need to give the section, township and range to hope someone could give a better answer.

Never, ever, ever ever allow a realtor attempt to provide you a value on mineral rights. Did I say ever, ever enough? Mineral appraisals fall under the heading of petroleum engineers and geologists, and then they even are tasked with having a sense of hydrocarbon commodity pricing, which in of itself is difficult enough. On top of all that is clearly understanding the mineral title as opposed to the surface title.

If there is a substantial amount of mineral acres involved, get professional help. This is definitely a “seller beware” game. Better stated, Seller Be Wise.

2 Likes

Ditto! Depending upon where you are, you may have more valuable surface rights or your minerals may vastly outweigh your surface values. They are completely different in how they are valued.

I just gave all the info to our landman to see if he can figure it out and if not I will send it to you.

Thank you very much for the reply, I really appreciate it

I will take your words to heart immediately and thank you very much. I am very new to this and am learning every day.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.