Question regarding oil leases in SE Kiowa County

My family owns land in eastern Kiowa county SE of Sheridan Lake. We have a lease offer of $150 per acre plus 15% royalty. We are curious to know if this is close to what other owners have been offered. Thanks in advance for any information you can give us.

I have MR south of Sheridan Lake, and in area around central Kiowa Co. I had offer of $150/A with 15% RI; in trying to make changes in the lease--through an attorney--they withdrew the offer. This was with McDonald Land Leasing. May I ask who is the leasing company you are dealing with? Thanks.

E W Schwartz

Hi, The company that contacted us was McDonald Land Leasing. May I ask what changes you wanted to make in your lease? We have heard from others that McDonald's lease terms are onerous. Thanks.

e w schwartz said:

I have MR south of Sheridan Lake, and in area around central Kiowa Co. I had offer of $150/A with 15% RI; in trying to make changes in the lease--through an attorney--they withdrew the offer. This was with McDonald Land Leasing. May I ask who is the leasing company you are dealing with? Thanks.

E W Schwartz

My objections to McDonald lease form are as follows:

1) ASSIGMENT OF LEASEHOLD INTEREST--Permitted, however, lessee is to be released from liability as to the leasehold rights in the assigned acreage only.

2) POOLING OF ACREAGE--only from producing zone.

3) WARRANTY OF TITLE--can warrant title to only those acres owned by lessor.

4) TOP LEASING--I can not agree to top leasing; the way this clause is constructed in the lease makes the lessor liable for failure to notify McDonald of other top leasing offers.

I would recommend that you ask for a copy of the McDonalf lease form. Have it reviewed by your attorney.

My attorney is Gary W. Davis, Eads, CO. His phone is 719-438-5861, should you want to consult with him.

E W Schwartz

Kiowa Lilly said:

Hi, The company that contacted us was McDonald Land Leasing. May I ask what changes you wanted to make in your lease? We have heard from others that McDonald's lease terms are onerous. Thanks.

e w schwartz said:

E W Schwartz