Question on section quadrants

The minerals I own are described as E/4 E/4 Section 213. I looked online to see how sections are divided up and I do not see any example of how mine are described. Can anyone tell me if this can be an accurate description. Thank you in advance. Debra

Debra- that is not an accurate description. You can’t have an East Quarter. Maybe an East Half. E/2 of E/2 would be more probable.

E/4 E/4 SEC-213 BLK-34 H&TC RY CO SUR - this is how it is on my deed and my lease. My family and I own 40 acres in this section. How would this impact me if it isn’t correct?

Pretty sure you can have any description that unambiguously describes the tract. E/4 E/4 seems more efficient than writing the E/2 E/2 E/2 E/2. Much like someone would say you own the SW/4 of a section, and not the S/2 of the W/2. I’ve seen things like N 3/4 of a section on deeds.

Doesn’t seem like there is much confusion about what that is referencing. Your 40 acres is a 330’ wide strip along the entire Eastern edge of the section. Or possibly I have no idea what I am talking about, hard to know these days.

If you are in Texas in Ward or Reeves counties, the E/4 of E/4 is accurate for sections which are “rotated” so that the corners face north, south, east and west. In these sections you own an interest in 40 acres lying in a square. Well plays for those sections will appear rectangular or square, but there will be an arrow pointing true north so you rotate the plat to see how it lays. I these counties, some sections are angled with a section line on the north side and others are angled with a corner to the north. Pull up the RRC GIS viewer and look at your section.

Thank you. Yes it is in Reeves County.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.