Question on oil and gas royalty interests

I am very new to this, but my grandmother had the following: Oil and Gas Royalty Interest, for the following: Township 19 South, Range 25 East, NMPM, Section 6 in Eddy County, NM. How can I tell if she owned the property or who May own this property. Also, is this a good time to try and sell? Thanks for any insight!

Hello,

This appears to be a Federal Lease from looking up the section, township and range on New Mexico’s Oil conservation Division Website. If you would like to post your Grandmother’s full name I could look her up on a site I pay for that is listed on this sites Directory. Courthouse Direct. If your Grandmother owned a federal lease interest in this property, you should note Federal Leases are valid for 10 years unless there is production. This property has dozens of wells with some recent applications from a company called SPUR.

Good luck.

How can you tell if she owned the property? Courthouse records. You presumably have some document/deed that indicates she owned something at some point? And you are the heir at some level?

Sec 6 is divided up between a federal lease, two state leases, and private lands in the SE/4. On first glance. Unsure where this is specifically.

There are recent new wells in the SE/4 of Sec 6. And in general I think people are more optimistic about the whole 19s25e area, so if you are inclined to sell something (if you own it) then this isn’t a terrible time to sell things IMO.

1 Like

I wouldn’t sell unless you really need money. Spur just drilled on that. I saw 5 Trudy wells I think. I don’t know how many acres you may have, but I’m excited for mail money every month for a while. JMO

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.