Question on Casillas 10-4N-5W pooling

I have received a notice of pooling from Casillas regarding 10-4N-5W. My records show that my deceased mother signed a division order on this with TEP Anadarko c/o Opportune and then they sold it to Ventana. I have no idea when Casillas became a party to this. I haven’t received any prior correspondence from Casillas. Can they just pool my interests without first requesting a lease? Her well was the Cuadrilla. Yes, everything was transferred upon her death to her heirs. I received a revenue statement from Ventana as recently as 5.24.2022.

Several things could be going on. Did the heirs all filed their addresses in the Grady County Courthouse? If the landmen can’t find you, they can’t offer a lease.
Your mother may have been pooled for the Cuadrilla well back in 2016 or 2017. It would have been case 201405281 from Eagle Rock Mid-Continent. The pooling order was extended a few times. Was for the Mississippian, Woodford and Hunton common sources of supply. Or she may have had an older lease. There is a shallow old field there, so she might be a part of that. You can follow any well actions on the OCC website. Test.

You can contact the attorney listed on the pooling notice and tell them that you never received any lease offers and ask why not. The lease offers are likely to be exactly the same as the pooling. Many of us like the pooings if we do not have time to get a good lease. There are some advantages.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.