Question about royalty that disappeared

Hello:

I looked for into that may answer my question using the “search” function, but didn’t find any…hopefully someone can help.

I received royalties up through 2020 on wells Guthrie Dunbar A Unit and Guthrie Dunbar B Unit located in Upton Co. Royalties came from Legacy Reserves and averaged $300-500 per month throughout 2018. I knew something was up when I received only one check in 2019; I understand Legacy filed for bankruptcy in 2019. Last check I received from Legacy was Feb. of 2020 for royalties from the entire year of 2019. That check was for $47 for the entire year (and I noticed they deducted a “Low Volume Fee”–WTF?).

I understand I won’t get any more checks from Legacy but felt I should investigate what’s going on with those wells. I realize I’m a little late asking about this–I blame it on the Covid epidemic.

Can anyone find out if the Guthrie Dunbar A and B Unit wells are still producing? I haven’t mastered the ability to look up that info. I assume since I received so little for 2019 that the wells were about to be “shut in”–is that correct?

The legal description of my holdings in Upton Co. is Section 2, Block 3 E/2 SW/4 SW/4 and Section 2, Block 3 NW/4… Does anyone know if there’s activity there? I haven’t received any leases for that property since the Legacy royalties quit. Should I assume it’s not being developed?

Thanks in advance for your help!

RRC records show a company called Extex Operating took over those wells from Legacy Reserves in February 2021. It looks like Legacy had both oil and gas production from at least one of those wells through 2020. From the point Extex became operator they’ve only reported a small amount of gas production from one of the two wells.

Extex is located in Houston at 5065 Westheimer, Suite 625, Zip 77056. Try calling them at (713) 953-0824

The RRC lease numbers for the two Guthrie Dunbar wells are 11183 and 10205, and they are in the Mary Smith Survey A-8 that is also called the I. Miller Survey A-823. Wasn’t able to find them using the legal description you posted.

Dusty:

Thank you so much for your help! This board is amazing!

Angela

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.