Question about royalty shares

Our family owns 160 acres mineral rights T160 R94 sec 20 SE 1/4 with 4 net acres. This is a 1280 spacing. Our lease is for a 1/6 share of gross production oil, gas and gasoline produced. How do I determine our royalty share. The well is producing oil and gas with the gas being sold. Our landman at Continental Resources has not returned my calls or emails and am working with other contacts there. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Brian

Hi Brian,

As you may already know, this is well MAYNARD 1-20H and has been producing since Feb. 2012. In my opinion, it has great production numbers and you certainly entitled to your share of royalty. I would call Continental daily until you get the appropriate response. Perhaps the landman has been out of the office due to the holiday etc.

I wish I had more to suggest so my hope is that others will respond with more ideas. It's frustrating to hear that you and other mineral owners are facing these challenges.

Sharon Round

I have been in contact with a division order clerk. We are working out issues on transfer of ownership within the living trust my parents established to avoid probate. I was just curious about royalty share. We have not worried too much about this matter until I saw the production from our property. thanks for the reply. Brian

Sharon Round said:

Hi Brian,

As you may already know, this is well MAYNARD 1-20H and has been producing since Feb. 2012. In my opinion, it has great production numbers and you certainly entitled to your share of royalty. I would call Continental daily until you get the appropriate response. Perhaps the landman has been out of the office due to the holiday etc.

I wish I had more to suggest so my hope is that others will respond with more ideas. It's frustrating to hear that you and other mineral owners are facing these challenges.

Sharon Round

Hi Brian,

I hope this gets resolved for you very soon. If you don't mind, perhaps you can post any helpful info that you discover that may help other mineral owners in similar scenarios.

Sharon

How did you find out the number of acres in your spacing unit? Do all mineral rights owners have the same share (as defined in their lease) or do those closer to the well have a larger interest? We are still waiting to hear anything from Petro-Hunt re the Carlson well. Good luck to you!

Gail, in a ND spacing with horizontal wells all acres are created equal and receive the same amount of royalty per acre. You can find out what your spacing/s are from the GIS server map you can Find on the NDIC O&G site. Find the map selection from the left side of the home page, after inputting your legal description township range and section, click zoom to section. On the right hand side of the map page, there are filters you can apply. Select the one that says drilling/spacing, all the drilling spacings will be bordered in white, if there is no white bar between your section and another those two spacings are spaced together. You may have to click the zoom to section again to apply the filter. If it's unclear to you you can unselect the filter look at them map again and apply the filter again to see what changes. I hope this helps.

Gail Varenhorst said:

How did you find out the number of acres in your spacing unit? Do all mineral rights owners have the same share (as defined in their lease) or do those closer to the well have a larger interest? We are still waiting to hear anything from Petro-Hunt re the Carlson well. Good luck to you!