Question about purchase offer for mineral rights

I have the Net Mineral Rights to 2.3 Acres in Dawson County, Texas, including but not limited to the Northwest Quarter (NW/4) of Section 27, Block 34, T-4-N, T&P Ry. Co. Survey, Dawson County, Texas. I received an offer of $5,000 a mineral acre. I was wondering if this is a fair offer for the area…

County

Dawson County, Texas including but not limited to the Northwest Quarter (NW/4)

Ya that was a good offer. I own 1.475 net acres in Dawson County, and got offered $3,000.00 a mineral acre.

Regards

Are your acres leased? I note that there are 5 permitted horizontal wells running through Section 27. Two of them, Longclaw 34-27 A and B, run through the NW/4 of Section 27. If you are not leased, you might find out what bonus and royalty you can get before deciding to sell.

You might want to think past the bonus and royalty for a lease and to the potential royalties from the known upcoming wells. Many buyers do not pay for the future royalties, just current ones, so you could lose out on the future revenue from these upcoming wells and any other wells years in the future. Think long term.

I have seen offers go for higher within the area. I would look for at least $7500/ac if you are considering the sell.

Are those higher offers you have seen in the area for minerals with a permit/well or undeveloped?

They have been for permits and rigs on location.

Please seek professional assistance before signing any lease. We signed a document titled as a “Royalty Lease” with Agave Natural Resources and it was really a sale of 75% of our interests. We were financially devastated and these guys got away with it.

Mike, you should consider hiring an attorney to litigate the royalty lease scam. There have been many lawsuits against Agave Natural Resources and similar companies. I have personally sued their sister entities several times.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.